It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
(female)

srocc20655 HB User
German treatment for Lyme Disease

Has anyone heard of the St. Georg Clinic outside of Munich, Germany? My Dr. tells me they have a treatment for Lyme where they raise your body temperature - which eradicates the Lyme completely. I looked into it and it costs $15,000 - which you paid out of pocket. I was told that my insurance company may pay 40% or so.

I am curious if anyone has had it or knows of anyone that has had it. I did leave a message for someone I was referred to that had it.

Comments anyone???

Old 07-31-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: German treatment for Lyme Disease

I have never heard of that place, but it sounds interesting. I read once that lyme dies when subjected to a temperature of 140 for at least 30 minutes. I don't think that the human body could withstand that.

Let us know if you find out more about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi srocc20655.

It is a fact that a high temperature kills bacteria - thats why the human body runs fevers.

Just promise us that YOU WILL BE VERY CAREFUL!!

You can also raise your core body temperature by sitting in a sauna or a hot tub.

PLEASE USE CAUTION whatever you decide and good luck.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

Thanks - I heard that this treatment is safe. At my LLMD's office I have met some cancer patients who have had this treatment. They said is was just fine. I am sure it is safe or my LLMD wouldn't send patients there.

It is not cheap - so I am really trying to do my homework. My husband and I have decided that I am going to do it - so I will keep everyone posted on the outcome. Say a prayer for me please.

SROCC20655

Old 08-01-2006, 04:56 AM   #5
(female)

janetclarkson HB User

Just done a search and think I found an article referring to this clinic.

It was referring to cancer patients, but indicated that one problem highlighted was that patients weren't made aware that they could need more than one course of treatment.

Considering the cost involved it might be wise to check that out.

It also said that you could fax your medical history through to them so that they could give you more information about relevant treatment before you decide whether to go ahead.

I'd have another word with your doctor before deciding if I were you.

Janet

Old 08-10-2006, 01:22 AM   #6
(female)

fret HB User

Hi srocc20655

I'm from Holland and saw your question. And because I'm also a member of a German foren , I posted your question there. Ther was only one men who did this treatment and he payed only about 260 dollar for ten times.

I've translate by altavista Babelfisch wat he wrote about his treatment. It is not a good translation but I think you will understand it.

I had recommended, like also from Mr. field man of Cologne laboratories 10 x fever therapy, there I had not stood already times cephalosporine combined with ampicillin + sulbactam 2g antibiotic infusion the antibiotic have by the heat still higher cell freedom of movement and can so still better work those actually work against the borrelien carry out however the fever. I was heated up in a kind incubator by means of lamps on 38,8 (in the last three meetings to 39) degrees, covered afterwards with aluminum-matte, afterwards I am still up to 39,5 degrees automatically risen and only within 8 sometimes granted completely slowly about 1 degree, thus about 38.5 down. Afterwards I gekriegt first the antibiotic infusion and afterwards still another mineral infusion, in order to prevent cramps etc. after. In the last three meetings we made it however in such a way, which I end briefly forwards to the heating the infusion got. The body is without a doubt exposed to loads, however it adjusts primarily the process of the fever therapy. Once I too briefly (without one week traces, to 3 meet later) more hintereindander had a temperature, the body automatically the emergency brake pulled and is very fast with the temperature again down, there hasts perhaps only 3 grant lasted. Also whether the temperature continues to rise after the heating first times still, one (fortunately) cannot affect. Pulse and temperature gauge are constantly to turn out attached, which automatically switch off if it into frontiers come. Besides everything of a nurse, who is in each second thereby, is supervised and all half grants blood pressure and pulse measures again. It is it also, those one staentig with drinks supplied, cool rags for the forehead gives or simply a little diverts. The lamps can at any time switched off, which are uncovered immediately aluminum-matte (I must there always think of a balloon with sand bags), i.e. it can are at any time fully controlled. Nothing the defiance is it very unpleasantly, particularly for me, since I find more intolerable nothing like hot hands and feet. Occasionally therefore I threw the head back and forth, with which I in addition, an exception were already women are that all anyway still better away-put (better equipped by nature wg. pregnancy), to my along female patient applied that in any case. The time goes to rum somehow and laughs following however always one at it. Usually I was scratched open the day after still somewhat, the next three meet came the exhaustion raus, at last the two correctly meet before the next treatment went it usually uphill and on the day directly before the treatment best. As effective all this is for a borrepatienten, which has the symtome still no 17jahre and or more as I, I do not dare to judge. After state the lady doctor are for example with fresher infections already fewer meetings to be sufficient, also could be helped to patients also few years borre and a two years unsuccessful dauerantibiose even without starting from addition with the fever therapy. Why this therapy hits a corner into an alternative falls and is not considered more frequently, is honestly said veilful me. It is the most characteristic and most natural form of the disease control and finally successfully in the prae off time approximately syphilis was as it were used. Since I the last 7 years before none infekt or fever more had (is also borresymptom), has itself the fever therapy for me in any case been worth. Before my body reacted to nothing at all more, I noticed for example also, which I sweated with each meeting more strongly than before. I feel, now 4 weeks after, livelier than before and the impression, that the body has now still to works is and has now even mine first cold after seven years. Thus times look, how it continues. In the summer no so a therapy is probably to be wished, here I would be likewise careful. In the autumn I will start further fever therapy however surely. if you locate search, at whom the therapy is accomplished, can I the side of the manufacturer of the hyperthermia equipment recommend, here simply among users look: user Usually this therapy also and/or to a large extent supporting in the cancer therapy begun, there then on over 40 degrees high-gone I however, if it is not necessarily necessary, under 40 degrees remain has read, which 6 grants and to more between 38,5 and 39,5grad are more effective, as 2 grant over 41,5 degrees. the therapy should thus sufficiently for a long time in, which should temperature, as automatically as possible in the covered was entitled slowly to fall and by sudden not uncover, also because thereby the body was again loaded I became pay attention which is given constant support and if possible a antibiose verbindent be accomplished can.

This is a link off the clinic:

[url]http://www.klinik-st-georg.de/e/therapies/hyperthermia/index.html[/url]

Yvonne

Old 08-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #7
(female)

fret HB User

Oh, I just have read the rules and have seen that I not may post messages of an another forum. Excuse me.

Yvonne

Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

The guy who wrote the Salt-c protocol manual wrote about his personal experience with a similar treatment. From what I remember there were mixed results, and it was super expensive. Check out salt-c and other protocols before whipping out the checkbook.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 AM   #9
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

I have decided against the treatment in Germany. My Dr. told me that an Infrared Sauna will give the same results. I just purchased one and am waiting for it to get delivered. I hope it helps my pain and this terrible bloating that I am having.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

I've heard great things about infared saunas. Good call.

Closed Thread