It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
(female)

srocc20655 HB User
German treatment for Lyme Disease

Has anyone heard of the St. Georg Clinic outside of Munich, Germany? My Dr. tells me they have a treatment for Lyme where they raise your body temperature - which eradicates the Lyme completely. I looked into it and it costs $15,000 - which you paid out of pocket. I was told that my insurance company may pay 40% or so.

I am curious if anyone has had it or knows of anyone that has had it. I did leave a message for someone I was referred to that had it.

Comments anyone???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: German treatment for Lyme Disease

I have never heard of that place, but it sounds interesting. I read once that lyme dies when subjected to a temperature of 140 for at least 30 minutes. I don't think that the human body could withstand that.

Let us know if you find out more about this.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi srocc20655.

It is a fact that a high temperature kills bacteria - thats why the human body runs fevers.

Just promise us that YOU WILL BE VERY CAREFUL!!

You can also raise your core body temperature by sitting in a sauna or a hot tub.

PLEASE USE CAUTION whatever you decide and good luck.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

Thanks - I heard that this treatment is safe. At my LLMD's office I have met some cancer patients who have had this treatment. They said is was just fine. I am sure it is safe or my LLMD wouldn't send patients there.

It is not cheap - so I am really trying to do my homework. My husband and I have decided that I am going to do it - so I will keep everyone posted on the outcome. Say a prayer for me please.

SROCC20655

Old 08-01-2006, 04:56 AM   #5
(female)

janetclarkson HB User

Just done a search and think I found an article referring to this clinic.

It was referring to cancer patients, but indicated that one problem highlighted was that patients weren't made aware that they could need more than one course of treatment.

Considering the cost involved it might be wise to check that out.

It also said that you could fax your medical history through to them so that they could give you more information about relevant treatment before you decide whether to go ahead.

I'd have another word with your doctor before deciding if I were you.

Janet

Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

The guy who wrote the Salt-c protocol manual wrote about his personal experience with a similar treatment. From what I remember there were mixed results, and it was super expensive. Check out salt-c and other protocols before whipping out the checkbook.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 AM   #7
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

I have decided against the treatment in Germany. My Dr. told me that an Infrared Sauna will give the same results. I just purchased one and am waiting for it to get delivered. I hope it helps my pain and this terrible bloating that I am having.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

I've heard great things about infared saunas. Good call.

Closed Thread