It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
treatment update

Hi everyone, I just want to give you an update on my hydrogen peroxide IV's. I have been getting them weekly for a couple months now and I feel like they help quite a bit.

Saturday I went to a my cousins wedding in Mystic on the shore and spent the day out there. It was an hour drive, we got to the church early but the wedding was at 2:00 in the afternoon. The reception was at 6 pm so we had some time to kill in between. My husband and I had a nice meal at a beautiful restaurant on the water, I ate and drank what I wanted (including sugar and a glass of wine) and then we went shopping in the little town shops for a while. Then we went to the reception and I socialized with my family and cousins that I haven't seen in a long time. We ate and drank, I danced once and had heels on the whole time. I felt well and enjoyed myself. We got home after midnight.

Things are a lot better than they were two years ago when I told you all about my vacation to Disney in a wheelchair. Now I can walk!!! I can think and talk and drive!!!

I am very happy about this, and I'm celebrating, but I would need to be fair and tell you that I was very tired the next day and did not do much at all. I slept and I did have a fair amount of pain in my joints and especially my feet. I know I'm still sick, I don't want to be unrealistic and leave that part out.

I am just so glad I didn't have to miss this event, like so many other things I missed for so many years. It seemed like everyone was having fun but me. Not this time, I finally made it out.

I hope this is encouraging to anyone who feels trapped at home or who can't do much. I was there too for so long, but you can come around and it will happen. Just hang in there, don't give up, keep on looking ahead, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you can reach it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User
Re: treatment update

i am soooo happy reading your post! congratulations!!!you are beating those spirochettes, your post is totally encouraging to all uf us!!! you go girls!and you will keep improving, seems that the peroxide treatment is really helping!! big kiss

Old 08-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

This is such WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Yippie another Lymie out on the town kicking up her heals..... Keep fighting Sleeper you WILL WIN!!!

hugs....

Old 08-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Sleeper
Glad the treatments are working. How many more do you have planned. I know we were all so concerned about you doing those. But, you made an educated choice and you are seeing the results.

Glad you had such a good time at the Wedding. It gives us all hope. Sure you had some problems the next day, but sometimes that is a small price to pay for something we have had to give up for years. Glad you didn't have to make an excuse and was able to enjoy the day. All of it.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-03-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi sleeperwoken,

What wonderful news!!!

I'm so glad the treatment is helping you and you're feeling better. Also glad you were able to enjoy the wedding. It's so important to be able to get out and do enjoyable things, without that morale can really slide downhill. Sometimes I think just getting to the point of doing things like that is half the battle. Once you can actually start experiencing some enjoyment again it gives you so much more energy to "push" forward.

Thanks for the encouraging message. It's great to hear when peoples' treatments work and their condition is improving, it gives hope to other patients. Take care.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi sleeperwoken, what a wonderful post. I LOVE reading posts like yours. How uplifting and hopeful!

I know exactly what you speak of. It feeels so good to feel partly normal again - back among the living as they say.

I am so happy for you! And a wedding in Mystic - how romantic and what a beautiful setting.

You have put up with so much and fought so hard against this unwanted and unfair disease. You certainly deserve days like this.

Its Ok that you were tired the next day - it happens to me too. I almost wonder if I pushed too hard. But you know what? When I have a good day - I don't care. I am so busy enjoying the freedom of those few hours that I don't give a hoot if I do go a bit too far.

Heels?? You wore heels?? Awright! I haven't worn heels in so long .... I can't even recall the last time. Good for you!

Enjoy the memories of being wheelchair free and walking and dancing among the living.

Hmm, I wonder if you are more "woken" than "sleeper"?

Peace and more good days for you my friend!
Mickie

Old 08-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Sleeper

I am so glad you got out and had a good time. It must be such a joy to have a "normal" night out. I am sure it was worth being tired the next day for.

I am making plans to go to Baltimore for a few days with the kids and I will need a wheelchair to get around. I am very discouraged by this but I don't want to let my pride get in the way and prevent our family from having a much needed mini vacation this summer. Reading your post gives me hope. I have had some symptoms get better but the balance and leg weakness are still going strong.

Always good to hear from you, and glad things are going better.

Kim

Old 08-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Sleeper, I'm so happy to hear you're doing well!

We're building a house about 20 minutes from Mystic - maybe next time you're up in that area, we can find a few others and have a Lymie Support Group meeting!

Old 08-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #9
(male)

dorkdad HB User

Good news!

DD

Old 08-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi all, it's good to share the joy with you, since you were in it all along with me.

Gerribear-How exciting! What town are you building in?

Lymegirl--I know the feeling, I remember that too and it is really hard. I give you lots of credit for just going and doing it anyway, and doing the best you can with it. It's way better than staying home and hearing all their stories later. Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you!

6blues--They were little heels, but they were heels! Yay!!! p.s. I am definitely more woken than sleeper. My name is actually a reference to my faith. Ephesians 5:14 says "wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead and the light of Christ will shine on you." It means that I have woken up from my dead life and now I'm alive in Christ.

Closed Thread