It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
having my kids tested

I am very concerned, but I don't want to talk about it at home because I don't want to get everyone in a tizzy. I know that I had lyme when I was pregnant, and the kids are getting tested through Igenex next week. They are going to do the urine test that requires five days of abx.

I hope they both come back negative. I don't know what I will do if they come back positive. My kids are 13 and almost 15 and they are going to be tough patients if they need treatment for lyme.

If any of you are willing to pray, please say a prayer for my kids, I don't want to go through this with them and I hope it doesn't come down to that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User
Re: having my kids tested

hi!! i can imagine how stress you are..i will be praying for your children to be negative..i wich you the best of lucks! hugs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

You and Your babies are in my prayers!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Sleeper you and the kids will be in my prayers. I pray they will not have contracted this horrid disease. Try not to stress over it.
Prayers...Marsha

Old 08-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Sleeper

I know what you are going through and the waiting is terrible. Both my kids will be starting treatment next week. Both have been tested and one is positive and one is negative. My son who is negative has symptoms and my LLMD is concerned about a few bands that did come up as positive, so both are going to start abx.

It is so hard to deal with when anything hurts our kids.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Kim

Old 08-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
(female)

nobby007 HB User

i too had both of my kids tested and know what this feels like...heartwrenching...my 3 yr old came back positive and my 7 yr old was negative....I too am worried and now look at every little thing through lyme eyes...i will be thinking of you and your children while sending you best wishes...let us know how it goes....will be awaiting your post....heidi

Old 08-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
(female)

hurt and angry HB User

Hi Sleeper,

You and your children are in my prayers....Personally, I think waiting for lab results for your own children is the most nerve racking thing a Mother can go through. My two are just about the same age as yours..........12 (13 in Oct.) and 16. The youngest was tested late last year. The pediatrician said that the Lyme test was negative and would you believe that instead of being overjoyed I sat there and doubted him and the lab?

So many people end up with a negative result but really have it. What happens to the children that this happens too? Kids now a days always have so many different flus and viruses running around that the pedi always says.."It's just a virus" . Call in a few days if he isn't feeling better.

Anyway, I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. You and Ticker were the first two to help me out last year. You have a special place in my heart .........................I hope all goes well.

Wendy
aka Hurt and Angry

Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

thanks for the support everyone, I need it right now. We were in the doctor's office for a long time yesterday and the whole thing cost me a load of money. My kids didn't see the doctor, even though my doctor was in agreement with my decision to have them tested, I just had them see the nurse so that it would not cost as much. I really just want the Igenex results before I worry about getting them to the doctor.

Anyway, the nurse asked me why my kids were there and I told her and she said, "You can't give your children lyme during pregnancy." And then while she was examining my daughter who is a teenager and already thinks I'm stupid, she said to my daughter, "I don't know why your mother brought you here."

Can you believe that?

Old 08-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Quote:
Anyway, the nurse asked me why my kids were there and I told her and she said, "You can't give your children lyme during pregnancy." And then while she was examining my daughter who is a teenager and already thinks I'm stupid, she said to my daughter, "I don't know why your mother brought you here."
Ooohhhh that makes me SO angry! What an ignorant [expletive]!! That fool does not know what the he** she's talking about! And she's misinforming the public, what if someone didn't know better?

If you can muster the energy and feel like being bothered with it, it was first documented in 1985 in the Annals of Internal Medicine [Schlessinger et. al. 1985], you could find the study and send it to her, that should shut her up.

Apart from that, her conduct was TOTALLY out of line and unprofessional. Once again, people recovering from Lyme don't have energy to waste, but if you feel up to it you would absolutely be within your rights to speak with someone higher up at the office about it. Not sure who that would be, however.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Sleeper
How horrible for you. I can't believe the nerve of that nurse. How that underminded you. We all know that lyme can be passed to an unborn child. I hope and pray in your case it was not. I would say take it up with the Dr, but we know how that goes too.

Let us know how the test come out. Hang in there. You have done your homework. You know more than the basics and more than most doctors. Keep the FAITH.

Prayers....Marsha

Closed Thread