It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

lynnp HB User
Has anyone been to Jemsek since the conditions?

I'm a Jemsek patient and am wondering what the next step is for me. I haven't called there yet, but was wondering if anyone can shed light about how Jemsek's patients are being handled since the conditions were imposed on him.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
(female)

wmjsease HB User
Re: Has anyone been to Jemsek since the conditions?

I have. The new provisions are that they can only treat with oral for 60 days, and iv for 60 days. I'm not sure if it's for the people already being treated ,or for the new ones. I forgot to ask that. I'm not being treated right now due to it possible being something else, but will go back on the treatment if they can't find anything else to explain all of these crappy symptoms I'm having.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

ohtheotherright HB User

Hi - unfortunately they have said it may affect existing patients but they are working to find solutions. They told me they will be discussing how it will impact my treatment if at all when I am down in 2 weeks. We will figure it out and find something that works!

Old 08-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

I am already a patient. Go back next month. I am anxious to find out how this affects me too. I have long standing lyme of 19 yrs that I started retreating last fall and then recent re-infection about 6wks ago. I also are co-infected with Babesia and Mycoplasma not sure about the others. I do not feel I am ready to be off antibotics. I think the conditions will affect all of us. But, What Can We Do???
Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #5
(female)

lynnp HB User

My problem is I don't want to spend money on a plane ticket or even the $85.00 for a phone consultation only to be told that I can't be treated. If I call and ask they will probably say they will have to review my chart at the next appointment. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I would appreciate it.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

I do know he has to have documentation showing lyme to treat.

I suggest that if you can get a local doctor to write an order for Igenex to test your blood, you need to get that. Have the test include co-infections. You can look up Igenex on the net. They are the most accurate lab as they use pure lyme antigens. Look them up and see what you think.

You may want to call Jemsek Clinic and question them about doing this. I'm sure they have a better handle on how to go about this.

If I can help, let me know.

Prayers...Marsha

Old 08-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #7
(female)

lynnp HB User

I didn't test positive for Lyme with Igenex, I tested indeterminate. However, I did test positive for Babesia. I have been battling Lyme disease for 14 years. I guess I will have to call, but I dread it.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

If you do call , let us know what you find out. I don't go back until next month and thats a long wait. Since this all will affect us, I am very interested in what you find out. Prayers...Marsha

Closed Thread