It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

jackiew75 HB User
new with some questions

On or about Fathers Day, my family went hiking. A couple of days later I noticed what appeared to be a bug bite. Over the course of the next week, it kept getting bigger and bigger and really gross looking to the point where it looked like I had been bit by a huge spider but here in New Hampshire, we dont have spiders that are poisoness. It NEVER dawned on me that I could have been bit by a tick. The rash or whatever it was took about 10 days to clear and I eventually showed my grandfather the bite before it disappeared entirely. He was sure it was not a bite and told me it looked like a Lyme rash. I kept in the back of my mind because I really dont want to deal with it (I know I know) and we have no health insurance at this time. Now, I am experiencing this really bizarre sensation in my arms and hands where they feel like they are almost parylized and shaky. You cant always see the shaking but I can almost always sense that it is happening. Any thoughts? I do have a picture of the rash (not great) and it was right at the end of the rash if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Thanks in advance....

Jackie

Old 08-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: new with some questions

Hi Jackie, welcome to the board!

It is good you got photos of the rash. It is important documentation. A bullseye rash is a definite sign of Lyme disease. The rash alone merits treatment.

Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It can cause many symptoms. Below is a symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

It is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable and results can vary by lab. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

Your infection is relatively early which is good. I cannot stress how important it is to get the proper treatment as soon as possible. Untreated or under-treated Lyme can be serious. Getting the proper treatment early in the infection may reduce the chance of long-term complications.

I do not know of any Lyme doctors in NH. The closest ones to you that I know of are in either CT or NY. If you would like one of their names, let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: new with some questions

Jackie
Welcome to the lyme boards. So sorry you have to be here.

As Ticker said the lyme rash or bullseye is classic lyme. If lyme can ever be called classic. It is good you have the photo. Please do seek prompt treatment from a LLMD.

Prayers...Marsha

Closed Thread