It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

ohtheotherright HB User
Anyone heard of the new lyme treatment with Bromicine?

I read an article in the WSJ that states the FDA is warning potential users of Chromicine/ Bromicine (sp?) that it is unapproved for treatment of Lyme. Defintely good to be cautious but I am so jaded by big pharma and their influence over the FDA's decisions I can see where something good that big pharma didnt think of might be pulled b/c of an death alledgedly linked to this drug. The drug is manuf. by a smaller pharmaceutical co. and used by alternative practioners. I have never heard of it and I thought I knew them all as i've done most. Any insight would be appreciated. Any results. Side effects etc.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Anyone heard of the new lyme treatment with Bromicine?

Hi could you check the spelling on these....nothing turns up.....

Thank YOu.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hmm. Never heard of this one. Always good to learn of new treatments.

Where exactly did you hear of it?

Last edited by 6Blues; 08-04-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
(female)

ohtheotherright HB User

Okay I mispelled - It is Bismacine. And from google it looks pretty dangerous but who knows? Iread a report in townsend letter but i cant locate it now that showed great results in fairly short periods of time for folsk that had "chronic lyme" Anyone else?

Old 08-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Thanks for the correct spelling...I read that Alternative Medicine docotors use this (mainly) it is also used orally for the ulcer virus...

Bismacine is from Chromocine...which is from Bismuth....Bismuth is a heavy metal...and there are cases that show death in people from heart and kidney failure....so the question is...

Is it not on the market with regular M.D.s because of the fact it is not FDA approved orrrrrr is it really as awful as what I read....think I would stick to antibiotics .....sounds like the lesser of two evils right now.....

oh...think people are dying from it mainly cause using it for lyme disease people inject it....I myself at tried collodial silver injected it into my legs....that is another treatment that I came across...I was pretty desperate...it is also another metal....soooooo.....

Thanks for letting us hear about this treatment...neat to hear what people are using out there.....

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

I too heard about the Bromacaine. It is not FDA approved, and it is NOT used and NOT endorsed anywhere in the Lyme literate community. It sounds totally outlandish and no competent alternative practitioner would use such a thing.

There are some wonderful holistic therapies available to assist healing, however one must be judicious in choosing such therapies. A good guideline is to stick with a tried-and-true modality. For example, if you can find a genuine Doctor of traditional Chinese medicine, that has been around for many thousands of years with good results. A nutritionist can be invaluable. An herbalist trained in a long established tradition, such as Ayurveda, can be a tremendous help. But beware of anyone coming up with bizarre sounding remedies. Frankly, anything involving heavy metals being introduced into the body...what the heck was somebody thinking?

Old 08-10-2006, 01:36 AM   #7
(female)

fret HB User

I have read that that treatment is dangerous :

FDA issues bismacine-chromacine warning

WASHINGTON, July 24 (UPI) -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers and healthcare providers not to use a product called bismacine, also known as chromacine.

The FDA says it is investigating one report of a death and several reports of injury related to the administration of bismacine -- an injectable product that has been used to treat Lyme disease.

FDA officials said bismacine, which is not approved for anything, including Lyme disease, is not a pharmaceutical and is mixed individually by druggists. It is prescribed or administered by doctors of "alternative health" or by people claiming to be medical doctors.

The product contains high amounts of bismuth, a heavy metal that is used in some medications to treat Helicobacter pylori, a bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers but that is not approved in any form for use by injection.

Yvonne

Closed Thread