It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User
sauna questions

i bought a sauna yesterday to beat up my lyme. i have good tolerance to heat so i plan on using it twice a day for 30 minutes at 140 degrees. do you do sauna therapy--if so how much?-how often? and how has it helped you? thanks for you input - ill let u know how i feel in a few days.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User
Re: sauna questions

Slowdeath ,

When I was very ill I used the sauna everyother day and the other day I would take a detox bath. I now use my sauna once a week. YOu might want to adjust the temp or time depending on how you fewel. Detoxing too quick can make you feel pretty bad. Slow and easy wins the race.

~P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi slowdeath. I agree with gottagetbetter. Try the sauna for short periods and see how you react. Depending on where someone is in the treatment process, the sauna may be beneficial or detrimental.

Check on the time you should be in there at once also. Thirty minutes sounds like a long time to me.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi slowdeath, I"m so glad you got a sauna! They are the best thing, I love mine. When I'm really having a bad time with the lyme, I go in there twice a day and it's usually 30-40 minutes, but never more than 40 minutes because that wipes me out too much. If you are just going in to get warmed up, you can go in for 15 minutes or so, but if you are trying to detoxify, you need to break a sweat for a while, so 30 minutes is good. If you have dr. Jernigan's book, he gives a good explanation of this. His protocol at the clinic is twice a day for 30-40 minutes.

Make sure you shower off well after the sauna so that the toxins that you sweat out don't get reabsorbed and if you have chlorinated water, you should put a filter on your shower head because you don't want to absorb chlorine into your pores. Drink plenty of water before during and after.

Sometimes I bring essential oils in with me if I'm having pain anywhere. Like today my neck was really tight and painful so I rubbed the oils on my neck while I was in there and it helped a lot.

I have never gotten the temp as high as 140, I don't think I could handle that. I start around 100 and it gets to about 125 by the time I get out. My sauna is an infrared though. If you have a steam sauna, then I guess 140 is probably good. Is yours a steam or infrared?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User
Thumbs up Re: sauna questions

its infrared sauna - and i gotta say ive seen amazing results in just two days. my vascular headaches and stiff neck are all but gone. IN JUST THE FIRST TWO DAYS. i plan on doing the twice a day regiment for at least two months (TWO CYCLES) i got essential oils today and im gonna start using them tonight. im so exited - i think the sauna is probally the best money ive ever spent. im not even sluggish today - yipee. i think im gonna kick the turd out of my lyme.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

We have one too, but since summer has arrived and now that I am pregnant I have not been able to use it.

It did work wonders though for DH and I when we did use it lots this winter.... slow and steady seems to eb the key with saunas.... we could do about 15-20 minutes at 130 I was advised no longer than 15 due to my heart metal inplant.

And yes, make sure you shower before and after..... I use a loofua to get the toxins off my skin afterwards! and brush towards the heart!

Old 08-08-2006, 06:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

slowdeath, that's fantastic, I'm so happy for you! Which oils did you buy? I have about 40 essential oils and I use them a lot. They are amazingly powerful!!! Oregano oil is fantastic against lyme. It makes you stink like a salad, but it's very effective.

If you're just going for aroma, geranium is nice. Some men like to use patchouli because they think the chics like it. Lavender is the universal unisex aroma.

Watch out for clove and tea tree, they are a little caustic if you use them straight so you need to dilute with a carrier oil. I love essential oils, they are so much fun!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi slowdeath.

Glad to hear the sauna made you feel better. Remember to be careful.

Best of luck with it!

Closed Thread