It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #1
(female)

jackiew75 HB User
Cost for IgeneX testing?

For any of you that read my other post, I was bitten by something (thought it was a nasty spider bite that wouldnt go away) and started having joint problems, fatigue and other symptoms. Last night at work was the last straw as we were playing a card game during the down time and I couldnt, for the life of me remember the name of the girl I was standing next to. I have only worked with her now for 3 and a half years. I felt sick that I couldnt remember.

I saw everyone posting about the lab IgeneX.... Can someone take the time to explain this briefly and maybe share some of the costs associated with it? Do you still have to go to the doctors to go through this company? We have no health insurance and I am now almost 8 weeks since the "bite".

Jackie

Old 08-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Cost for IgeneX testing?

Hi Jackie. Unfortunately, most Lyme doctors and Lyme labs do not take insurance becasue they often do not get reimbursed. People usually pay up front and if they have insurance then submit the bills for what the company will reimburse.

There are many different tests. At the minimum, I would suggest getting the Western Blot done for Lyme and the co-infection tests for both types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Babesiosis, and Bartonella. You can call IgeneX to find out the cost. I believe they will send the kit to you but you need to have the blood drawn through a doctor's office.

Your infection is still relatively early. Please do whatever it takes to get the treatment you need. Doing so may prevent long-term complications. Good luck.

Last edited by ticker; 08-06-2006 at 06:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
(female)

jackiew75 HB User

Thanks for taking the time to reply. This is so overwhelming to me and I dont discuss too much of it with the hubby since it kills him that we have no insurance.

Anyone know of a good doctor to start out with anyways in NH?

Old 08-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Jackie. I don't know of any Lyme doctors in NH. The closest that I know of would be in Wilton, CT. Would you like the name?

Closed Thread