It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #16
(male)

JOEMAC HB User
Re: Some advice and oppinions needed

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I found this board. Blues what did the initial visit consist of? Do they do blood work?

Last edited by JOEMAC; 08-08-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Joe. I work with a great guy named Joe from S.I., NY so you've already got friends here!

Dr. E will spend a lot of time with you. The poor woman lost her huusband to Lyme and I'm pretty sure that at least one of her kids has it too. (Stupid insideous disease!!)

Anyway, she will spend at least an hour with you getting a complete history and also she will listen to every single one of your present symptoms - and she really listens.

She took a few vials of my blood and sent it off for testing - complete blood work, Stricker Panel, Metabolic Panel, etc. She may order tests for co-infections and also send your blood for Lyme testing. Don't feel nervous about asking her to repeat something you didn't understand or to repeat something. She's a doctor and she's professional and she's human.

She may recommend some supplements. I pretty much buy whatever she recommends. She makes no momey off the sale and she knows what she's doing.

If yoyu feel overwhelmed when you leave and you have an armfull of bottles of "stuff" that will help your immune system -- well thats a typical Dr. E. appt! LOL

Like Ticker said, you're in good hands with Dr. E! I've been seeing her for a little more than two years and she has not given up on me.

Any questions you have (about Dr. E or Lyme or anything) - just ask. Folks here have been through it all. There a few folks here who see her also (Chocolatesprinkle, lymegirl, linnyloo).

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

p.s. I have to cancel & reschedule my appt which is on Aug 10th. If you call, maybe you can get in early to see her and take my time slot.

Last edited by 6Blues; 08-08-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 AM   #18
(male)

JOEMAC HB User

Thanks Blues I really appreciate it.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #19
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Hi JOEMAC

Sorry you have to be here but there is lots of good info here and very supportative people. We will hep in any way we can.

I see Dr E also, and highly recommend her. She says I am a difficult case but she will not give up on me. I always get a morale boost after my appointment. She is very knowledgable in alternative therapies and has an open mind. You can ask questions, make suggestions, and ask about other protocols you have read or heard about. I have always found her to be very receptive. Something I can't say I see often in other Drs. I always take a notepad as there is lots of info.

Her initial visit is around $200-$250. The bloodwork that goes to Igenex Labs is additional depending on what she orders and you have to pay that up front as the lab does not take ins. There is another lab she uses which does take ins. She wants certain tests from each lab. She sends me to Labcorp or Quest for regular bloodwork so it is in network. She can draw that in her office as well but my ins won't cover it that way.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Kim

Mickie - I have an appointment tomorrow too. To bad you have to cancel.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi JOEMAC. I am glad you will be seeing her! Unfortunately, most Lyme doctors do not take insurance because often they do not get reimbursed. You can submit the bills to your company for what they will pay.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #21
(male)

JOEMAC HB User

Thanks everyone. I will keep you all posted on things.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #22
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User

Hi JOEMAC~~~ I also go to Dr E !!! Ditto all 6 blues has told you ~~~ she is great~~I also paid about $200 for the first visit~~ good luck to you~~GiGi

Old 08-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

WOW!!!! Soooo many peoople from around the N.Y. area....how awful.....

Joe have you been to the doctor yet or you still waiting?? You work for the city...did you get bit on the job?? Hope things are going well with you!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #24
(male)

JOEMAC HB User

I go on Sept 12th. I dont remember being bitten by a tick but it could have happened at work as I work outdoors. I will keep everyone updated. I almost forgot I had bloodwork done with my regular Dr. and everything came back normal. The Lyme test came back neg., my Lyme index value was .17 and it takes a 1.19 to be considered positive.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Howdy Joe...well guess you have been on here long enough to know You Can't Go By The Blood Test....geezzz you live in N.Y. that right there is clue number one....kidding...

sure you have read that I knew when I got bit...and my test even the Igenex wouldn't come out positive...Showed bands yes....but not a positive until my last picc line...that blood test was done in a small hospital lab...it came out positive....hmmmm....don't figure....

shoot my hair fell out...threw up tons of times....I had every symptom on the list...except no milk in my girly parts....tons of rashes....non of the co-infections showed up either...crazy......

have you been on any antibiotics yet??? Most likely you will herx so that will help let you know yep you have it....

Can't wait to hear what the LLMD says...keep us posted.....

hugs....

Old 08-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #26
(male)

JOEMAC HB User

Yeah I was just posting the results on here for the heck of it. I remember everyone telling about them. Havent been on antibiotics yet. I also cant wait to hear what the Dr. says. I am worried that if she does put me on antibiotics that I will be feeling terrible for my wedding in Nov. I guess I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:43 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Joe...reminds me of an old song by Jimmy Hendrix...hahaha...

have you thought about doing the Dr. J protocol??? The detox's...and throgh in the tinctures...there are no herx's on the tinctures.....Just a thought....

Old 08-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #28
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User

Hi Joe glad to hear you got your appt with dr E !!!!! I have an appt the same day!!!! GiGi

Old 08-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #29
(male)

JOEMAC HB User

Jojo I havent thought about doing anything until I either test positive or when I go to Dr. E she tells me I have Lyme. I figured why start treating something if i'm not 100% sure I have it.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:28 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi joemac! dont worry of how you will be feeling on abx, believe me , you will be feeling worst with out them! so dont stress, i am sure by nov you will feel much better, i started feeling a little better after 3 weeks of abx, 2 weeks ago i left doxy.. i am not taking anythiong at the moment, i took them for 5 months.. so i am doing a litle experiemnt to see how i feel with out them, i am much better than 6 months ago, but still not a 100 percent good, but much better...you will probably start with doxy, i felt a some nausea in high dosiss after a week, so after a while doctor put me on 200 a day and didit feel sick..lets see what doctor tells you, by the way, there is a lot of ticks where you livei dont remember either bitten by i tick, but i got it... good luck!

Closed Thread