It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
(male)

broncos2215 HB User
Is this Lyme?

Here is my story, I have had a domino effect of symptoms for the past 5 months. I work up one morning in middle december with a huge bite on my neck. My lymph node on my neck was swollen. I went to the Dermatoligist and he looked at it for a second and wrote me a prescription for some type of antibiotic. The bite cleared up, and then one morning in March I woke up with a headache. I have had that headache since. THen i developed muscle twitche, eye floaters,thinning hair, stomach aches. I always had a full head of hair till recently. I have went to the opthomoligist twice, had two dialted pupil tests and that came back normal. I had blood test for general health, that came back perfect. Then i had a CT scan of my head w/wo contrast,that came back normal. This has really been annoying me. Cause I just graduated college and I feel like crap everyday. It really has taken its toll. Could this be lyme or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Is this Lyme?

Hi broncos2215, welcome to the board!

I am sorry you have been feeling so crummy. What did the bite look like? Below is a Lyme disease symptom list. You can have any number of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

When Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols.

Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

I think you should pursue this as a possibility since your symptoms started after this bite, your symptoms can be attributed to Lyme, and you have had other things checked.

Lyme can be difficult to diagnose. If you need a doctor recommendation, post where you are located.

Hang in there okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Broncos
I would like to welcome you also.

If you type in lyme rash and look at photos on the net, you will find examples of the lyme rash. But you do not have to have a bullseye rash. I was recently reinfected with lyme. My rash was red, slightly raised, somewhat itchy. It had somewhat of a clearing, but never looked quite like the bullseye photos. Mine was approx. 4" by 2" and lasted for about 4 wks. It can last from 1 wk to 3 or 4. I had an appointment during that time and my LLMD confirmed it was a lyme rash.

In my opinion the only one to rule in or out lyme is a LLMD.

I hope you find the answers soon. If we can help, we're here.

Prayers...Marsha

Old 08-08-2006, 05:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi there, welcome to the board, sorry you're feeling so crappy, especially at such an exciting time in your life. Congratulations on graduating from college!

My neck swelled up and stayed swelled up for a long time when I got lyme. Many of my tests came back normal too and it was very frustrating. I really think you should see a lyme doctor and get tested for lyme and all coinfections too.

sooner is better, good luck, let us know how things work out for you.

Closed Thread