It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
(male)

duer.5 HB User
recommendations needed for an aggressive LLMD

My brother and I have been under lyme treatment continously for 5 years. We had positves on the Igenex urine antigen test in Jan 2002. My first course of treatment was 4 weeks of 1g/day IV Rocephin given by an infectious disease doctor who promtly declared me cured. I quickly followed up with Dr. Joe, a LLMD in PA, who administered oral antibiotics. The first six months after IV I noticed a big improvement in my symptoms, but this faded over the subsequent six months despite several different courses of oral antibiotics. Not satisfied I switched to Dr. Swami, another LLMD in PA, who implemented a more comprehensive program, although still based on oral antibiotics. 3 1/2 years later I'm worse than ever and am searching for a new doctor. I am now wholly convinced hardcore IV is the only chance I have for lasting relief. Dr. B states that he treats with IV until improvement plateaus, but I've been calling for three months and was recently told he will never be accepting new patients again.

Therefore I need recommendations for doctors that treat with his philosophy and I am far past the point of distance and expense being a consideration.

I was bitten at age 6. I am now 24. Despite severe brain fog and having only been able to take classes intermittantly over the last 6 years I'm 5 classes from graduating with a BS in biology from Ohio State and by a miracle of God still hold a 3.82. I, however, can no longer continue in my present state. If I can find effective treatment and make some sort of recovery I promise you I will devote my life to fighting lyme, wether it be in a research capacity or as a physician because in this age of medical knowledge no one should suffer like this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: recommendations needed for an aggressive LLMD

Hi Duer...sorry you have had it pretty bad from such a young age...for some reason when I was going through treatment I also really went down in a spiral for a while...now weather it was because of those little critters screaming to live or my body just finally giving out...but I just want you to realize...You have been ill for a very long time...and it will take a very long time to get rid of it....I was on picc lines and orals (cocktails) of orals and it pulled me up in 6 years...I still have some mental issues and am going to start trying Dr. J's alternative med/s as soon as they get to my door...been off of alllll medication for a year...

Anyway...yes dear...you become a doctor in lyme disease...since you've had it you'll beable to help alot of people.....

Hope you find some relief soon....big hugs to you!!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: recommendations needed for an aggressive LLMD

Hi Duer
I am sorry you have had to suffer. I can relate. I have had lyme for 19 yrs and was told 19 yrs ago after 10 days I was cured. Found out last fall that I was not. When I think of all the doctors over the years!!! I also found I was co-infected. I also have Babesia, Mycoplasma and possible others they forgot to test for. These complicate treatment. Were you tested for the Co's.

I was started on IVs and continued thru 2 piccs for approx 5 months until I had blood clots and had the line pulled. My LLMD firmly belived in the IV treatment but he has had to change his protocol due to the Medical Board. I am on orals now but may be off them soon if the medical board has its way. Finding a LLMD to treat aggresively is difficult due to the fallout from CDC and The Medical Board. He now has conditions set by the Medical Board on IV treatment. Many doctors nationwide have encountered problems of this nature.

I hope someone will come on soon and give you a Dr name.

I have seen improvement but know the disease has had a long time to take over my body.

Be patient, persistent and don't give up the fight. There is a Dr out there that will treat you aggressively, you just have to find him.

And go for the medical degree. We need more LLMD's. Or maybe you will be the one to find the magic bullet. It is amazing that you have been able to accomplish so much with lyme fighting you all the way. Way to go on the grades. You will make it.

Prayers....Marsha

Closed Thread