It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
Antibiotic withdraw? Any ever hear or suffer from this.

I am on pulse treatment.

And when I go off the antiboitics, between ten and tweenty days after I stop, I go through what seems a worsening of my lyme symptoms.

But after this, I feel great, for weeks.

I am trying to make it 12 weeks this time with no antibiotics. Made it seven weeks last time, before I felt I need to do my pulse.

I am about 14 days off now, and I am in this withdraw feeling I always have. It used to scare me into takening the antibiotics again with in 10 days or so due to I beleived the lyme was growing out of control.

Dr. Jemsek said its a withdraw from the antibiotics. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through it?

But with the fucoidan I have no fatigue or hurting body parts such as muscle, or bone and joint pain.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Antibiotic withdraw? Any ever hear or suffer from this.

Mike
Have you been to Jemsek lately. I still have about a month before I go back.
The longest I have been on drug holiday is 2 wks. Symptoms usually return before that 2 wk is up. I'm in the 2nd week now and some symptoms are returning. But I have not been in treatment as long as you. I know he hold me probably 2 yrs or more. But that was before the Medical Board conditions.

Hope you are still improving. Gives me hope.

Prayers....Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Ekim and Pearl....how many years have you both been doing this type of treatment? I am glad that the doctor I went to didn't do this sort of thing...seems like you would be constantly herxing...and then giving the bacteria time to grow....I just don't understand this method...and are you both just doing one antibiotic at a time or do you throw flagyl in there also...and other antibiotcis to handle the different stages of lyme....I have asked WHY so many times about this way of treatment...I just don't understand the reasoning behind it....my sweeties two neices were basically treated the same way I was ...on a coctail of anitbiotics and full steam ahead...we all had chronic lyme...

I am confused..... could someone explain...

Thank You....
Jodie

Old 08-11-2006, 04:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo
Hi Ekim and Pearl....how many years have you both been doing this type of treatment? I am glad that the doctor I went to didn't do this sort of thing...seems like you would be constantly herxing...and then giving the bacteria time to grow....I just don't understand this method...and are you both just doing one antibiotic at a time or do you throw flagyl in there also...and other antibiotcis to handle the different stages of lyme....I have asked WHY so many times about this way of treatment...I just don't understand the reasoning behind it....my sweeties two neices were basically treated the same way I was ...on a coctail of anitbiotics and full steam ahead...we all had chronic lyme...

I am confused..... could someone explain...

Thank You....
Jodie
I am on three antiboitics, Levaquin, ketek, and Flagyl during my pulse.

I love this treatment. While on for a few striaght years I never felt good. During the pulse I get a break where life seems it can come back.
I will never beat Lyme so its up to me, to find the mix and doses that make me feel the best.

Lyme is slow growing I guess and for me the pulse is great! I don't have bad herxes doing this. And my body gets a really needed break from the pills.

I believe I am having liver or kidney problems, and during my antibiotics, my lower back is in very bad pain. When I go off the antibiotics the pain in my back fades after about two weeks off.

For me pulse is the right treatment, I have been doing it for a year. Started off only having five days off, and 21 days on.

Now I am on for 7 days, and during this, everyother day I have off, and then add flagyl to my last three days. My last pulse after 7 weeks off, I had no or little herx. Only a week later I go through withdraw from the meds.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlscale
Mike
Have you been to Jemsek lately. I still have about a month before I go back.
The longest I have been on drug holiday is 2 wks. Symptoms usually return before that 2 wk is up. I'm in the 2nd week now and some symptoms are returning. But I have not been in treatment as long as you. I know he hold me probably 2 yrs or more. But that was before the Medical Board conditions.

Hope you are still improving. Gives me hope.

Prayers....Marsha
No I go back in about two weeks to Jemsek.
I thought they where symptoms also when I stopped, but if I stay off the meds for longer then three weeks they all go away.

They do start to come back, but last time it took 7-weeks. My symptoms are a strange numb feeling in the head. Muscle twitches, and headaches. When I feel this coming on stronger each day, I go back on the meds.

And yes I am. I even in the seven weeks off have felt 100% normal. But I added fucoidan this has been the biggest change for the good for me.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Ekim....thank You for explaining the pulse to me...guess I just want everyone to get well a heck of alot quicker...
Just I guess it seems in my head that if you do this pulsing it gives the bacteria time to reproduce....but what ever works right.....

I am glad that you found the algae to work for you....I am waiting for Dr. J's alternative tinctures to arrive after being off of ALLLLL med's for a year....it is time to go for it again....if those don't get rid of this crap that is living in my scalp and skull and my brain and eyes...geezzz...then it will be time to try something else....

BUT never give up on the idea of not getting better....you sound in such a better place than you were even 4 months ago....YIPPIEEEEE!!!! I know what it was...it was the butterfly in your house...she helped turn things around for you....

Hugs to you...and thank you for the explanation....very interesting....

Old 08-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I remember that butterfly story Mike told us. It was such a happy story.

Some antibiotics kill bacteria during cell reproduction so pulsing is a way to catch them in the act. There are other reasons that pusling works more efficiently.

I tried pusling Tindamax. Didn't do squat for me.

SOOO happy to hear this is working for you Mike.

I have never heard of antibiotic withdrawl, but nothing would surprise me.

Perhaps instead of going cold-turkey between pulses you can reduce dosage a bit so you step down to the time off of them instead of jumping from a body full of drugs to a body with no drugs.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Ekim
The way Jemsek explained it to me is when you stop the antibotics you do feel good for a few weeks. But if there is still lyme present you will start to have symptoms again. The fact that you can go 7 wks may show that you are beating the lyme. But it is not quite gone. I was told when you can go 2 months without the onset of lyme symptoms you probably have beat it. Or at least all of it except maybe the cyst form. We never know for sure when we get all of it. You might want to bring this up at your visit. Let me know what you find out. If you are not taking milk thistle, you might consider it. I had liver problems until I started the milk thistle.

Jojo
The idea of the pulse is to give your body a chance to rest from the abuse the antibotics put on it. I take two different meds. Amoxicillin 1000mg 3 times a day and septra ds (I would have to look on the bottle for the strength) 2 X day. On the last three days of the two week treatment, I add flagy. Then I take a two week break at which time I rest my body and detox. I am slowly improving. It is working. I just fear the conditions set by the medical board will stop my treatment and lyme will gain again.

In the pulse, I do rotate to catch the co's. I have babesia, mycoplasm test positive. Bartonella I think was positive. Erlickiosis for some reason was not tested. An oversite. But they are covering that too.

I too remember the butterfly story. More than just a story. A miracle as Jeanne would say.

Prayers.....Marsha

Closed Thread