It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Marsha: hows the cat bite and the sleeping?

Just wondering how that cat bite is healing and how your sleeping's been.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Marsha: hows the cat bite and the sleeping?

With all you're going thru and you think of me. You are an exceptional person. Mickie, I am glad to call you friend.

The cat bite is still painful and shows signs of infection. But I am on antibotics. I don't think it is getting worse. But not better yet either.

Sleep....I take ambien 12.5 mg. It takes me several hours to get to sleep and I toss and turn, up several times; but I do sleep some. Ambien is the only thing I have found that helps. My hardest time is getting to sleep. My body may be exhausted but it does not want to go into the sleep mode.

But from what I have seen, I'm not the only lyme patient with this problem. I think most all of us have this.

Remember second by second. When you have that half way decent day, I want to hear about it. And stay positive. Such good advice from all the others. I told Larry today I think I am 60% better than say April. At least if I keep telling myself that, maybe my body will start listening.

Prayers....Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Pearl...glad to hear that the cat bite is not knocking you down more...

Have you two made freinds yet? Hopefully your daughter will be back soon...Take care ....

big Hugs!!!

Old 08-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Daughter came back this evening. The cat was a sweetheart to them. I kept my distance. Don't know if I can ever trust it again. I love cats but this one really scared me. I told them to please watch it closely.

I don't know that the bite is bringing me down. But it is the end of my drug holiday and I think I need to get back on the meds. Only problem is how to take it with what I am taking for the bite. I will have to call my LLMD and get their advice. I restart my round Monday. I think my symptoms are definitely returning. I had a lot of problems "thinking" yesterday. Hand tingly today. Head a sore spot. All of these little things....

Hope your lyme fight is showing results..

Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Pearl....did you just start these symptoms as of yesterday??? The sore spot on your head...and the others? I mean have you had these before??? maybe you are having some type of reaction with the cat bite and combo lyme....that is what happened to me a couple of times. ....just when your poor body says I can't take anymore bacterias and viruses something else pops up....

Or is the antibiotic they stuck you on a different type than what you have taken? Maybe that is bothering you...you know herxs.....

I hope you recover from the kitty bit soon...and of course the other little lovelies that we have.... Thank You for asking about me...I did like 6 years of antibiotics and everyother thing I could poke down me...I have taken a year off beings I just flipped out mentally there for a while and was going to say forget the rest...but I am ready to start going at it again...I am dealing with I am guessing feels like the blood vessels in my head close up and then I just am in a blackened hole...can't hold my head up...and some weird stuff...but physically I can walk and not down in bed always...and can kind of be around other people for a little while now...yep it is a long stuggle...and I just have to always stop and say to myself thank you Dr. Banister!!!! HE was the ONLY one that after 15 years of searching went on my physical condition and not my test....anyway...that part is done, so now down for the count...
Please Marsha watch your head....that is how mine started off was sore spots on the scalp then they turned into I am guessing bacterias living in there...everyone says no way it could be tissue cause there is no tissue between the scalp and skull...mine are huge!!! about the size of a egg yolk of a goose egg...they have moved all over my head since 1999 now they have stayed in one spot for the last year...swear we'd all make a good sifi movie...hehe...but anyway...my moods change with mine...maybe make a daily diary and see if your moods change with your spots...I pray that they don't do you to what these have done to me...they almost put me in a mental hospital a few times ....anyway....

Hope you keep up the fight....sad to say...were not alone in this...
HUGS TO YOU!!!!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

JoJo
I have had the sore spots a few times since I started the meds. Started maybe 3 months ago. It can get so sore that I can not stand to touch it. When I washed my hair few days ago, I had to skip that area. It has been in the same spot each time. I do think this is lyme related. Even though I have had lyme 19+ years, I only started this a few months back. It is not cat bite related. I have some really strange head problems. Fills like expanding foam. Pressure, the top of my head hurts now and that is related to the sore spot I am sure. Sometimes I cannot lay on one side of my head because it hurts to much. These have gotten a little better except the sore spot. Memory is a big problem. Some days I post short and choppy, because that is the way I think. Some days I feel like the little critters are trying to crawl out my ears.

I don't have alot of problems with depression. Sometimes I get moody, a little snappy. Or just want to cry all day. Usually do cry a little when it gets bad. But overall I can usually handle the mental side of it.

I am on a drug holiday and I think the lyme is starting to say "lets party". The meds keep it under control. But usually before the end of the 2 wk of holiday, I see a return of my symptoms. Slowly they are getting less intense. (I think)

I am glad you decided to fight this and not give up. It is so easy. We all get tired of this battle. Sometimes, many times, I have said Lord please carry me today; I cannot do it. I know He has. Footprints in the Sand is my favorite poem.

You mentioned the blood vessels in your head feel like they are going to close up. You might be right in that assessment. Several years ago, a neuro told me that my blood was thick and not flowing good in my brain. He said I was on the verge of a stroke. Lyme does cause thick blood. I actually had a couple of blood clots one in my picc line and one right above my heart earlier this year. I had to go on blood thinners for several months.

If the bacteria is in our scalp or between it and the brain, it should be easier to get out. If you can figure out how, please let me know.

I have got to get to bed. Its past 1:00. Took my ambien 2 hrs ago. Maybe it will help me get to sleep. Got to try. Take care.

Prayers....Marsha

Closed Thread