It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Antibiotics and depression......

Hi everyone...I have been reading about some of you having real bad depression...some of it can't be helped don't think any antidepressant is going to help...but I was wondering...I know before i quit taking antibiotics little over a year ago...something clicked in my head...can antibiotics cause depression

So I got on the internet and really read over the side effects on the papers from the pharmacy...and yep sure it enough ...THEY CAN CAUSE DEPRESSION....I know Ekim has asked about anyone having withdrawls from them...think we all are in this un-known world...What affects one person one way may not affect another that way...So goes with this lovely disease we are all struggling with....

and the antideprssants can cause one to be even more depressed....and so forth and so forth...

I was just thinking about this and had to come back on line and share....
HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A WODERFUL DAY!!!
LET'S ALL LOOK FOR THOSE LITTLE MIRACLES IN OUR LIFE...JUST EVEN THE SMALLEST OF ONES....SMILE....and HUGS TO YOU ALL....

Last edited by jojo; 08-12-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: Antibiotics and depression......

Hi jojo, thanks for pointing that out. The way I understand the connection is that the antibiotics tax out the liver and this affects the toxin level in the body, causing us to have depression, sometimes very severe and debilitating depression. The two absolute worst for me were ketek and flagyl, but I think everyone responds differently. I still take flagyl, but for only short periods of time and I increase my detoxifying methods when I take it. Ketek I will not touch at all because it made me hallucinate and I became grossly suicidal. I won't go near that stuff.

Maybe some day we will be free of all these meds and we can just live happy healthy lives. For now, I think awareness and lots of detoxifying are the answers to this problem. It's a good idea to have your liver checked on a regular basis too.

jojo, thanks for the well wishes, I hope you get a miracle too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread