It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Augumentin herx???? If you have taken this and herxed please let me know.

As you all know I was on a drug free holiday that ends tomorrow. But because of the cat bite infection I had to go on Augumentin Tuesday

. This is ammoxicillin 875 & clavulanate I take this am and pm. Monday I start my new lyme protocol and it will be Augumentin due to the cat bite. But I also start my lyme protocol of ammoxicillin 1000 X3 day and Septra DS 800-160 1 two times a day. I will take the augumentin in the AM the ammoxocillin 1000 middle of the day and the augumentin late PM. I will also add septra 800 two times a day.

During my last two week protocol of ammox and septra ds I did not herx. Felt half way decent. But since I started on the augumentin Tuesday, My problems have started. aches, elbow, head ache, soft tender stop on head. Feel crawlies on my skin, memory problems,feels like criters climbing out my
ears. Major Fatigue. Expanding foam in head.numbness in hand (Lt) elbow
(rt)

If any of you have esperience with Augumentin, please advise. I think I may be herxing although I did not on the Septra and Ammoxicillin alone.

I am on a downhill slide and would like to stop it. Any suggestions. I can even say my nerves are affected with this. I feel like I could have a good cry.

Maybe it is the symptoms from the cat bite meds that are causing these herxes.

Any advice appreciated.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-14-2006, 02:54 AM   #2
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
Re: Augumentin herx???? If you have taken this and herxed please let me know.

HI Marsha:

I wish I had the answers for you. What is it with a lot of us feeling sad lately?! Maybe we should all go to some beautiful place, like Hawaii, and sit under a BIG umbrella and be miserable together?! Doesn't that sound like fun?!

What about calling your LLMD? It's not fair that you have to feel so bad. I understand completly how you feel though. I think if I could just stay in bed, watch tv, take all my meds and sleep when I wanted I would be ok with all of this but reality hits and I can't. I know it must be the same for you.

Maybe crying would help. I always feel better after a good cry. I wish I could cry with you. Please keep your chin up and know that we are here for you. Keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Big HUGS!!

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 06:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Augumentin herx???? If you have taken this and herxed please let me know.

Good Day Marsha....HOW ARE YOU FEELING TODAY...IT'S MONDAY??? I am wondering since you are going to start back on your lyme protocol....could you stop the antibiotic that the doctor gave you for you kitty bite???

Hope you are feeling better today.....

BIG SOFT HUGS.....

Closed Thread