It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Jojo

You warned me about how cat bites had knocked you down.

Well, I HAVE BEEN KNOCKED DOWN. The cat bit me on Monday. I went to Dr Tuesday morning and was immediately put on augumentin. Each day I went down a little bit. Today is bad. I compare it to my worse. It put me to bed. I don't know if it is the bacteria, or the meds, or both and their effect on lyme. And I did once have cat scratch fever and was diagnosed with Bartonella last year by my LLMD.

How was your bounce back from the knock down. Slow or slower.....

Prayers.....Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Jojo

Oh shoot Pearl!!!! I was very very ill both times and from the dog bite...think it took about a week....can't really remember back ...I didn't go to the doctor go to the doctor with any of the kity bites and scratches.... and I was on antibiocitics anyways....the dog bite the doctor didn't put me on anything else...I had the picc line in...but yes they all 3 knocked me down...I didn't do the drug holidays...so I would imagine you have all three things going on...bartonella, lyme, and the med....

If I remember right you will call your Lyme doctors office tomorrow ...please try not to forget okay....
Are you running a fever?
Damn if it isn't one thing it is another....When you get better you go over to your daughter's and you bite that kitty on the tail....

SENDING YOU A BIG HUG!!!!

Oh by the way been meaing to write back about the sore spots...I met a girl when my mushy inflammed bacteria infested things on my head grew...She also had some mush spots and they hurt her also...I lost touch with her..but she said her's also started out being sore spots on her head....Oh I'll tell you if I KNEW how to get those darn things out I would jump for joy....and of course let you and everyone else in on the secret....Just please keep checking them...to see if they move around and if it becomes raised...weird.. .

Try to relax...do you detox? the baths that I have read other do on here...Maybe that would help you to feel better....
Another thought...if you tested positive for bartonella then you most likely had a flare up with that sweet kitty ripping your leg open....I look at my little kitten and she loves to bat at my eyes...but at night she sleeps in the bath tub...with the door SHUT!!
Let us know what the doctors office says tomorrow okay? Just let your body do what it needs to...REST!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Oh Marsha - how crappy!

Just a thought - the new abx that your doc put you on for the cat bite .. have you ever been on it before? If its a new antibiotic that your body has never seen before, than maybe its killing Lyme too and thats why you feel bad?

Hope this passes soon -

Old 08-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hellooooo Pearl....are you out there...been wondering how you are today....did you get to talk to the doctor's office? Let us know how you are today....if you come on line....

big soft hugs.....

Old 08-14-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Thanks guys.
The antibotic is a new one and I do think it is related more to the med and herx. I faxed a letter with all the details to my doctor. The traige dept called while I had my Aunt at the Dr office. I didn't get home in time to find out what they advised. Will let you know what I find out.

I got up out of my sick bed to take my aunt to the Dr. It was a very trying day. Told Larry I was mentally and physically drained. I know I won't sleep tonight. My muscles are screaming.

I had a run in with one of my daughters. They expect me to get well and stop complaining. Larry told me the best thing that had happened to me, is I found you guys. He listens, but hasn't been there. You have. You understand the highs and lows. The funk it can put us in. The pain and fatigue that sends you to bed. THANKS GUYS FOR LISTENING. You are my support group.

I was doing so good for a month or so and then got the em rash and pulled me down big time - several months ago. I finally get back and start feeling halfway good and bang, the cat bites me and down I go.

The most positive note, is I went to revival tonight. Drug myself. Sang in the choir and heard a very uplifting message on encouragement. The Battle Belongs to the Lord. I do know I will win this war, because the Lord is on my side. He already see the outcome. I may be losing another battle, but the Lord will win this war for me.

I hope you both are having more positive days.

Jojo how is the goose egg. I know you recently took back up the battle. How goes the war.

Mickie, you were having some horrid days. Depressed. Hows it going. I hope better.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearl thank you for dropping in....real happy to hear that you made it to choir again lastnight....it is sooooo good for us all to beable to do some of the things that we enjoy...helps to keep up that will to fight this nasty stuff....

Say if you are possibly having a herx maybe tell the doc that you want to stay on this particular antibiotic if it has those little critters running...

So sorry to hear that you and your daughter had a run in....Seems to go with being ill...not only do you have to fight the doctors...fight your body and mind you have to fight everyone else...seems everyone on here has gone through this...I thought i was the only one that couldn't get people to understand until I came to this board...and then I found if you quit telling people how you feel then they say your not complaining anymore so you must be feeling better.....geezzzz....never ending battle..... Like anything if you haven't gone through it or even attempt to read about something then a person is not going to understand....Soooooo.....we'lll all just keep eachother afloat on here and help eachother along.......

My Goose EGGS need to be fried....hahaha....I haven't received the tintures from Dr. J yet...been about a week and half since I ordered them so they should be here any day....Coincidentally the Saturday after I ordered them I wound up breaking out with my lyme rash in my hair line and on my for head...I haven't done that in over a year....Soooo....your absolutley right...back to the battle....I was so up in the air about what to do...find someone to put me back on antibiotics or the tinctures...I struggled with that for the last atleast 6 months....your right this place is the one to come to for answers...even if you don't ask someone you will find the answers from reading....awwwww....GROUP HUG!!!!!

So now it is a new day....sure hope you are feeling better today....keep in touch.....

Big Soft Hugs to you Marsha!!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Did talk with the LLMD office today. They think I am in a herx. I agree. It has been pretty rough. They want me to continue the augumintin for a couple weeks and last 3 days I add flagyl. I know I am herxing. My head feels like expanding foam, ears full and itchie. headache.. face and arm numbness and pain.. achy flu like...thinking as clear as mud

I go back Sept 5. They called in refill for the augmentin since it is killing the boogers, lets keep at it. It the most results I've had in months.

Tomorrow is a new day. We will all wake up feeling better. Positive thinking Hope all of you are doing better.

I did hear from Denise today. She was in touch with Jon who is at Dr Jerrigans right now trying to get started on his protocol. He is very optomistic. She will let me know if she hears more. Also she is checking on Maureen. Will let me know and I will pass it on.

Take care and angels are among us. Miracles around us.

Prayers...Marsha

Old 08-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marsha...well guess that naughty kitty bite maybe is going to turn out to be something of some good use....If this antibiotic is doing you better than any of them...I know crappy way of finding a new med...am happy to hear you got to talk to the doctor....hang in there...as you know this is a good thing...and good is going to come out of it....

Thank You for letting us all know about Denise...Jon and Maureen...we miss them all.....

Big soft hugs to you!

Closed Thread