It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 05:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
lyme, drugs, and the body

I feel very strongly about something and I just have to point it out. The thing I want to say is, every pill, antibiotic, painkiller, chemical, vitamin, herb, enzyme that we use should be observed and considered completely whenever we take them. They change our bodies and not just in ways that we intend. Just as a few examples that have happened to me personally, and I'm sure there are many more:

resveratrol (the active ingredient in polygonatum) has estrogenic properties and will give you are really heavy period. Primrose oil does the same.

Iodine (which is also in kelp) is wonderful for the thyroid, but it can potentially make you break out in pimples from your head to your tush.

ketek is very hard on the liver and can affect your emotions, making you feel angry and even rageful.

flagyl depletes B vitamins, potentially causing depression, sometimes severe.

plaquenil can affect your vision sometimes permanently, and it also causes ringing in the ears. Please see an eye doctor regularly if you are on plaquenil for any length of time.

erythromyacin will give you gas like you've never had in your life, only your truest friends and those who are committed to you by some legal document like a marriage certificate will stay with you while you're on that.

cholestyramine binds to lyme toxins and gets them out of your intestines, but it does that by making them into a brick and sending them out. You will be constipated on your very first dose.

cipro exaggerates the effects of caffiene in your body. If you are prone to anxiety, you will be playing a professional drum solo in your sleep while on cipro.

DMSO, when absorbed into the skin, smell like an oil spill accident by the Valdez. If you open your mouth to talk, anything living within a ten foot radius will drop to the floor.

I could go on. I'm just trying to make a point that we have to pay attention to what we're doing. Doctors see us for a few minutes, they give us their best guess of a prescription and send us away. We have to live with it, and we have to decide how much we're going to deal with. Personally, I can only take so much.

Whenever I get a new prescription, I go right to the internet and I look up all the potential effects it could have on my body. Then I go to an actual chat and see what happened to other people because the drug companies never tell you the lowest truth, they always sugar coat it. Then I take the drug and I keep an eye out for all these disasterous things and if it happens to me, I stop taking it, call the doctor and I say, give me something else. Sometimes I do a liver cleanse to get the stuff out of my system and start over.

If the doctor says, try it a little longer, I usually say no. If I am at the point where I'm actually calling the doc, then I'm done with the stuff. I have had more than one occassion where the doctor has "encouraged" me to continue and I say no until she listens to me. I've been sick for twenty five years because doctors didn't really know what was happening to my body, and as far as I'm concerned they still don't know. But now, instead of waiting for them, I tell them and I decide.

Listen, you are the one living in your body. Decide how much you are willing to deal with as far as side effects are concerned and then draw the line. If you know the drug is killing lyme and you can deal with the trouble it causes you, then hang tough with it for a while and fight the fight. When you can't take it anymore, just switch and keep on switching until you get a leg up on this thing.

Never stop fighting. Never give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: lyme, drugs, and the body

Sleeper I stand up and applaud you!!! this is Wonderful!! That is why I posted about antibiotics and depression...so many forget to read the side effects or we tend to forget them after we read them.....THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU.....I am sure this will help some out alot....

I'm thinking maybe you should go to some other boards and remind them to read about side effects.... I know that alot of doctors say, when you tell them that you are having side effects from the drug...they say...."oh there are 1 in a million that are effected by the side effects" that ALWAYS just drives me nuts!!!! Guess if they told the truth then the re-fills would be far less.....

Thank you again....
Hugs to you!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: lyme, drugs, and the body

Yay sleeper - what a terrific post from a terrific woman.

clap clap clap clap

LOl on the gas and the holitosis.

Thanks for the reminder to pay attention.

Closed Thread