It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

LymeGranny HB User
Detox

Hiya Everyone,

For those who are doing or have done detoxing what exactly have you done? I am interested in detoxing myself to see if it will help with the awful way I feel since being diagnosed with LD.

Thanks in Advance!

Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Detox

Hi LymeGranny, welcome to the board!

Are you currently being treated? Were you tested for all the co-infections?

Many people who have Lyme also do detoxing. There is a detox bath you can take: add four cups of Epsom Salts, 32 ounces of hydrogen peroxide, and 8 ounces of baking soda to a warm bath and soak for at least twenty minutes. There is a great detox foot bath: add one tablespoon of mustard powder and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a basin of warm water and soak your feet.

Before getting in the tub or soaking your feet, it is very beneficial to take a dry skin brush and brush the skin towards the heart. Get a brush that has natural bristles. You can get them at most healthfood stores and I think Target has them also.

Some people here following Dr. David Jernigan's protocols (some also take antibiotics) in "Beating Lyme Disease: Using Alternative Medicine and God-Designed Living." I am sure they can give you more information on this.

I suggest reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's treatment guidelines. Toward the end he recommends supplements and diet suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #3
(female)

LymeGranny HB User

Thank You so much Ticker!

I am currently being treated for LD with doxycycline 200mg twice a day. This dose was just increased at my insistence yesterday. I saw my MD yesterday and had a huge blow out with him. He tried to refuse to continue to treat me for LD and wants to send me to a rheumatologist. Here are my symptoms- rash still there 8 wks later at the bite site, extreme fatigue, low grade fever(this did go away after starting antibiotics but came back last friday), muscle and joint pain & hot flashes that are unbelieveable. I do not mind that he wants to rule out/in everything he can but do not stop treatment when I am slowly improving on the doxy. I have had a western blot which came back negative and the only thing on my other bloodwork that showed up was a slightly elevated sed rate. But unfortunately my MD is of the mind that if the test is negative then you do not have the disease/problem. His PA is very smart with LD and he is the one who, thank goodness, started me on doxy 3 wks ago. So yesterday I told him I would compromise, continue antibiotics at the recommended dose and I will see the rheumatologist. He agreed for another 2 wks and will go from there. My appt with the rheumatologist is not until Dec 4th....the 2 wks will give me time to continue my seach for a Dr who knows LD within my insurance plan....Thats my situation....frustrated and depressed....I have drawn alot from these boards and being a newbie it is very overwhelming but I will do what I can to try and beat this...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}
LymeGranny

Old 08-15-2006, 04:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi LymeGranny, welcome to the board! Thank goodness you know a bit about treating lyme disease, or you would be in trouble with that doctor and his limited knowledge!!! You're smart to look for an LLMD, that dose is too low, which I see you already know. Geez, the ignorance of most doctors just drives me crazy!!!

Detoxifying has been a huge help to me. Here are some of the things I do:

baths with epsom salt and hydrogen peroxide.
baths with epsom salt and baking soda.
infrared sauna regularly.
detox foot pads
drink a lot of water!
coffee enemas
liver/gallbladder flush
fasting, usually three day fasts of raw organic fruits and veges only
skin brushing
eat clean
juicing in the morning, include raw garlic
lymph massage or swedish massage
essential oils (try valor by Young Living)
organic skin products only
filters on your faucets and shower head if you have treated water

Remember that detoxifying is a double-sided process. One side of the process is that you have to keep toxins moving out every day. Get them out through your skin and through your digestive system. The other side of the process is don't let junk in. Eat and drink clean foods, keep unnatural products off your skin, and don't absorb chlorine, flouride or any of those other chemicals that the government says is "not harmful in small quantities." Because if you're sick, it is not helping you.

Good luck with finding a knowledgeable doc. Let us know how you make out with that.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi LymeGranny. Make sure you get photos of your rash, it is important documentation. Place something near it, like a coin or ruler, before photographing to give it size defintion. Then you have evidence of it if needed later.

No Lyme test is completlely reliable, and results can vary by lab. It is important to be tested by a Lyme lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. Do you have a copy of your Western Blot? The CDC requires several bands to be positive for the test to be considered positive, but many people who have Lyme do not have this many bands. Lyme doctors often focus on which bands show, some are specific for Lyme.

Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme lab also.

It is important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand these diseases and under-treat them. I know of Lyme doctors in Armonk, Hyde Park, and East Hampton who come highly recommended. Would you like one of their names?

It sounds like your infection is early, which is good.Getting the proper treatment early in the infection may reduce the chance of long-term complications.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:28 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User

drink detox green tea -lots of water. no surgar or caffine. take supliments -cats claw-coq10-garlic-magnisium-fish oils-primerose oil-taurine-probiotics-olive leaf- and take those detox baths twice a day they really help.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #7
(female)

LymeGranny HB User

HIya Ticker,

I would love to have all their names if I could...so If one does not pan out the others hopefully will. I just want to get better just like everyone here. Thank goodness I found this board and have already received tons of help and support!!

LymeGranny

Last edited by LymeGranny; 08-15-2006 at 05:21 PM.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi LymeGranny. The doctors I know of in NY who come highly recommended are Dr. Kennth Liegner in Armonk and Dr. Richard Horowitz in Hyde Park. I hope you can see one soon. Keep us posted on your progress okay?

Closed Thread