It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Could someone give me the name of that Book....

That was being talked about about 4 or 5 months ago...about the Island where some claim the lyme bacteria was created....Anyone remember? and if so anyone read it? Was it good? Informative? Seem real??????

Thank You....

Jodie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Could someone give me the name of that Book....

I found the name of the book I was looking for....

LAB 257....about Plum Island NY....

Anyone read this?? Anyone seen Plum Island...from what I am reading WOW!!!!

creepy.. ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

In some of my reading I found that lyme has been documented longer than the incident with Plum Island. But who knows, can bacteria be munipuliated (and that is not the best word or the right spelling, but brain is on Vacation)

Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marsha...hey that's a good point....the first cases in Lyme Conneticut...was in 1975...something like that....supposedly the Plum Island started in the 80's....well that shot that theroy.....

HOW ARE YOU FEELING MARSHA????? THE CAT BITE AND ALL???

Old 08-26-2006, 08:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

I just read Plum island has been in operation since the 1950's. That's according to several sites. Where did you get the 1980's Jojo?

Last edited by raylp; 08-26-2006 at 08:06 AM.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Ray....my eyes were blurry....ahh...the 8 was a 5...WEllllll then I can go back and start BLAMING THEM FOR THIS CRAP!!

Oh the secrets they keep.....

Old 08-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

The earliest cases of tick infection were in the early 1900. It was not named lyme until the problems from lyme conneticut. I did a little research on the net.

Jodie, I am trying to get over a herx from the meds (just finished flagyl yesterday). The cat bite was a blessing inasmuch as it turned out to be a med that killed the lyme. Alot more herxing. I'm on a drug holiday for 2 wks.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Pearl...Welll guess you need to take the kitty a can of tuna to say thank you.... hehehe...maybe it knew something....Glad you are going on a drug holiday...maybe it will be restful ...been a hard few weeks for you.....

From what you have read back to the early 1900's ...has it said what they use to call it?

Hope you are feeling well today!!!!

Hugs to you!

Closed Thread