It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Anyone had body jerking during sleep

This happened again last night. I knew I was in alot of pain when I went to sleep. Maybe the ambien is what kept me alseep during my jerking. Larry said I jerked all night. Does anyone else have this? Prayers ....Marsha

Old 08-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Anyone had body jerking during sleep

Hi Pearl....Yes I did that for many years...Was told restless leg syndrome.... I would wake myself up kicking or hitting my sweetie in the head from my arms flying.....just another part of having lyme.....Tell hubby to wear some protective gear when he goes to bed...hemet...ect....

Hugs....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

We are all so alike it is scary. Our symptoms are so much alike. Sure wish I could fast forward into the future about 5 yrs from now and see how we all are. Living our ups and downs on an uncertain road is difficult.
Prayers Marsha

Old 08-17-2006, 06:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Pearl....yeah I know what you mean about us all sounding alike ....but I am sure it is in allllllll of our heads...and we alllll need to see a shrink.... LOL.....I wish I could go back and smack alllllllll of the doctors I went to and they told me that or told me that I had to live with WHAT EVER IT WAS.....I found a lab test that I had done at a clinic back in 1989 and it was a positive....but I don't remember why I wasn't treated. Maybe cause I really didn't know anythng about lyme to push it and maybe the doctor didn't either...to long ago to remember......but I know after I got bite again in 1992 boy that one knocked me down THE FIRST DAY that I found them ....and reading over the list of symptoms that is on the board....WHOA....which one DIDN'T I have..

So from there to now I have gotton so much better....It's just these other things that are left....

So you just keep fighting and fighting Pearl....In 5 years hopefully the doctors will be alot more clued in on this and people won't have to go through this crap anymore...MAYBE NO ONE WILL BE ON THIS BOARD....WOW IMAGAINE THAT.....

Big Hugs to you.....
Jodie

Old 08-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

My gosh - jerking while asleep sounds a bit scary.

I've heard that our bodies do healing and repair while we are asleep. Maybe your jerking muscles were busy kicking Lyme out the door?

Glad to hear the Ambien kept you dreaming.

Maybe you dreamt you were in the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie and a handsome pirate was swashbuckling with you on some tropical island looking for buried treasure and thats why you were so active?

Last edited by 6Blues; 08-17-2006 at 09:25 AM.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OH Blues you have me crackin up......so glad to see that you are feeling better.....

Hugs....

Old 08-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

hi marsha....yeah the jerking gets me too. it's worse on days that have been bad, and better on the better days. eric tells me all about it if i don't wake up from it myself. it used to wake me up more before i started taking my trazadone at 250mg @ bedtime. now i sleep through most of it and my poor honey gets to endure it all alone. even on the good nights it's mostly like a annoying twitching of my muscles that i can't control. a few months back though i started to take extra magnesuim everyday to help with the tingling and numbness in my legs/arms/face, it still doesn't help get rid of the twitching or jerking completely, but maybe it's worth a try for you? i know i did notice an improvement slowly over the first month that i tried it. now i can definitely tell when i forget it for a day or two. once i start taking it again, the jerking gets a bit better. hope this helps or you get some relief somehow. glad to hear that you are finally sleeping with the ambien. i know how bad we need are sleep. sweet dreams.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Closed Thread