It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Cool Interesting LLMD appt with Dr. E

Hi friends!

I had an appointment with Dr. E yesterday and I want to share what I learned.

Summary: I've been on medicine for over a year. Currently on Doxy for 10 months (for Lyme) and Levaquin for 2 months (for Bartonella co-infection). I've improved mentally on the Levaquin, had some rashes come and go, and bad pain and stiffness.

Last month when I had the big rashes appear, I took pictures. I brought my camera and showed her but they were hard to see on the camera.

Luckily though, I woke up with a classic Bartonella rash on my right thigh, so I was able to show her in person. She agreed that these rashes are proof of the Bartonella.

Word of warning - I tested negative twice for Bartonella co-infection. My LLMD decided to treat me anyway based on my symptoms and thank God she did. Just FYI for those who suspect co-infections.

I showed her my swollen ankles and she explained that its not water, its lymph.

Apparently we have a lymph system similar to our circulatory system. The lymph system however, has awesome lymphocytes that kill and dispose of bacteria.

Lymph does not get pumped by the heart. It relies on the muscles to squeaze the fluid around.

Since I have been sedentary (even more than before) because of the severe pain, my muscles are not squeazing and not moving the lymph along. Hence my feet are swollen. I may have a pool of dead bacteria in my foot tissue - ewww!

This may also explain why I seemed to get worse lately instead of better.

VERY very interesting. I did a bit of research on lymph and its cool!

She recommended I move every day - walk to the mailbox, walk around the block, or something. She also recommended a rebounder (mini trampoline) to help the lymph move along.

She gave me (or rather sold me) a topical cream to help with the knee and foot pain so that I can move.

She also recommended dry brushing my skin to help the lymph move. She said any dry brush can work. She said to brush my skin upwards towards my groin. I want the lymph to move up and away from my feet.

She said to do the dry brushing before a shower or detox bath.

Also, the foot pads will help with lymph so I bought a 30 day supply.

In addition, she added plaquenil to my protocol. Its not an antibiotic. Its an anti-inflamatory and it should help get my medicine circulating around - especially if I haven't been walking much.

I haven't put together the rebounder yet. I was too tired last night to carry it in from my truck and one of my cats killed a squirrel and left it for me. I didn't feel like walking past it (stinky!) again.

I tried the cream on my feet and it seemed to work. I hope it works on my knees; sitting on the john to pee is so painful! LOL

whew - lots of info. Good appointment.

She's off next week on a cruise with her family and they sure deserve it - so bon voyage Dr E and thank you.

Peace and health to all!
Mickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Interesting LLMD appt with Dr. E

That sounds as though you got alot of answers to your worries...YEAH!!! I use to Love those kind of appts....I know I said this in the other post...BUT.... AM SOOOOOO GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE FEELING UP AGAIN....see life is worth living...the down times just suck....

HUGs TO YOU!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Alot of info to take to my Dr. Hope you get that lymph to moving on out.
Prayers... Marsha

Old 08-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Thanks guys.

I may start another thread on my lymph/detox plan. Well, its not really a plan - just my determination to do it for 30 days straight and see what happens.

I did detox baths once before for 30 days and nothing changed at all.

I have different symptoms now, so who knows. Perhaps I'll get some relief.

I went to the pharmacy to fill my Rx's but left the slips home. argh! Maybe tomorrow.

Forgot to feed the cats and they spilled an entire bag of cat chow all over the kitchen and I left it there. I am so stinking tired that the thought of bending over makes me want to curl in a ball and cry.

The rebounder was easy to put together but a stupid leg was missing. I almost cried at the thought of dragging it back to the store. I used stacked tuna cans instead and did my first bouncing - maybe 2, 3 minutes worth.

I've gained SO MUCH weight ~~ I don't think there's a sports bra big enough to fit my "girls" into, so I braced them with my elbows while I bounced. LOL!

Then I dry brushed my feet and legs and took a detox bath.

While in the tub, I put my feet in the air to elevate my legs (get that lymph out of my feet) and brushed upwards again.

It was very very hard for me to do all this. I forced myself up those stairs to the tub. I am so tired from all the detoxing tasks.

I hope I can do thirty days.

So tired.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Mickie
You can do it. You can do it. You can do it. Keep repeating it.

You made me smile. Hey, the cats can eat off the floor as good as out of a bowl. lol. And I loved the way you took care of the missing leg.

I know I should do the detoxing baths, but just cleaning out the tub first!!! Took a shower yesterday and I decided to dry brush before and then took the bottle of perxoide in the shower with me. I kept putting it on my skin. Might try next desolving salt to mix with the perxoide. I take the easy way out. I know I should detox, but I'm like you; I can't see that it helped in the past. And it takes energy I do not have.

I need to go to the pharmacy tomorrow too. Or either try to sleep without ambien. Guess I'll go to the pharmacy.

Hope tomorrow sees a big improvement.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

I get a kick out of your "Girls" problem...LOL....excuse us guys....(unless you are having big boob problems too) mine were alot smaller like for the last 20 years and now I feel like my Grandma....I seriously do NOT understand why people have boob jobs.... They are a pain! hahaha....

I know you are going to try real hard and keep up doing your moiving around and trying to detox your feet....Give it a try ...even if it gets one of those lymies out of the way it will be worth it

Keep up the good work!!! Careful you don't hit the celing bouncing....

Closed Thread