It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
(female)

BethanyF HB User
Possible LD in Indiana. Help!!

Hi All,
I have recently learned about Lyme Disease and the possibility that I may have it. I have been sick for 2 1/2 years and it did start with a terrible rash on my chest. Of course, the clinic just gave me a steroid shot and some pills and sent me on my way, but I've been sick since with all of the symptoms I've seen listed here.
Today, my doc agreed to test for LD and I just had the bloodwork done. After reading some on this site, I can see that other tests need to be done.
I'm in Indiana. Anyone know of a good doc to see???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Possible LD in Indiana. Help!!

Hi BethanyF, welcome to the board!

I am sorry you have been sick for so long. People who have Lyme should not take steroids because they can make symptoms much worse.

No Lyme test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. It is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

I do not know of any Lyme doctors in IN. The closest doctors I know of who come highly recommended are either in Springfield, MO or Hermitage, PA. If you would like one of their names, let me know.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading
"Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner and Dr. Burrascano's treatment guidelines. He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many doctors follow his protocols.

I hope you can get some answers soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread