It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

mesmall HB User
Smile LYMESGAL***Are you still here????

Hi Lymesgal.

I was wondering how you are doing.Have you made any progress in your recovery???Have you seen Dr. D lately???? Hope you are well.It will be 1 year for me this month on antibiotics and I beleive that I am almost all better. I actually forget that I have Lyme somedays,then I feel a little twitch in my legs or a little cramp here and there.That reminds me that I must stay the course a while longer.The pulsating nerve under my eye stopped completely this month!!! It stopped pulsating constantly in march,but still did it when I got out of the shower for about 15 minutes,until about 2 weeks ago!!! It's really hard to see progress because it's so SLOW,then all of a sudden,I realize that the twitch stopped!!! My memory has returned too,and I don't find myself standing in a room wondering why I went there so much.
I had many dark days that i wasn't sure if I was on the right meds,or was treating the right illness,but I had to trust the one guy willing to treat me,and he knows this illness like nobody else!

Mesmall

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #2
(female)

mesmall HB User
Re: LYMESGAL***Are you still here????

Hello,

Sorry to hear that your having so many problems at home.It's a familiar story here on the boards.I hate to sound like a broken record,but have you gotten off that diet soda with caffeine???? I'm SURE that that contributes to the anxiety and depression.My Dr. told me that the chemical in diet soda steals your serotonin,which is the feel good substance your body makes naturally.Antidepressants try to replace serotonin.I got off the diet soda and cut down to one cup of regulare tea or coffee a day and felt Remarkably better!
I am going to Dr. D in October also.I'm not ready to go off the meds yet,but I feel I'm getting close! I think I might have seen that negative Dr. that treated you so badly.I switched all Dr.'s after starting treatment for Lyme.I found an awesome,co-operative primary in Wareham that studied at B.U under Dr. D. . Perhaps it's time that you changed Dr's too! I never want to see those plymouth Dr's that delayed my treatment for 2 years! I even switched hospitals so that I never have to see the people that said that i had a brain tumor!
I have had no problem with the Biaxin combo,except yeast infections,however,I don't think that i was ever as sick as most people who have had this lyme in them for many years.I do get worse around the time of my period,which is common for people to be on a four week cycle.
Hope you start feeling better soon,just stay the course and know that your Dr. knows what works,this is all he does!!!

Mesmall

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #3
(female)

mesmall HB User

Hi Lymesgal,
I forgot to mention that I do also have the feeling of being bit by fleas or something and get very itchy.I noticed that it began after i STARTED TAKING DIFLUCAN for yeast.Are you taking Diflucan???

Old 09-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hi there Mesmall! Just read your post.
Yeeeeeeesssssss, I'm still doing the diet sodas, but not as much as I use to! I know they are bad for me but it's SO hard to quit. I get these horrible headaches if I don't get some caffeine!

It's so nice to hear that you are feeling alot better. Hey, maybe we will run into each other at Dr. D.'s! Wouldn't that be funny?! Last time I was there I met a lady who I started talking to and we exchanged emails and keep in touch. The stories you hear while your waiting in his office. Ever get into a group discussion there?

I have not taken any Diflucan. I have had some problems with the yeast infections but they seem to only last a day or so. I am taking Acidopholus (sp?) and I think that helps alot. I am taking it twice a day and it's got to be working cause you would think with all the abx we are taking it would be natural to have the infections. Wonder why the doctors, maybe just the male doctors, don't think of that?! I guess they just figure we'll call our reg. doctor and get the meds.

I go back for my full physical with that new doctor--and she is from Fall River by the way--next week. So, maybe then I'll hear what she really thinks of my whole situation since she ignored me before. YES, I do need a new doctor! I am totally planning on changing but I just need to follow up with the blood test that I've already taken. Plus, she is going to put me on a blood pressure medication (mine is too high--never was before til all this) and also she is putting me on something for my thyroid (also a new problem). I guess my numbers are too low. After I get all that squared away then I will find a new doctor. I guess alot of it depends on how she treats me next week. I hate to switch in the middle of all this but I do need a doctor that I feel comfortable with. Can you mention the doctor in Wareham's name or is that not a good idea? I would love to go to a primary who has worked with Dr. D. And Wareham is about 10 min. away from my house. Now, I'm driving almost an hr. The reason I started there is because she is an Infectious Disease doctor that I went and saw while waiting on Dr. D's appt. I just took her as a primary for now cause my other doctor ended her private practice and I just needed a doctor.

Things are going better here at the homefront. Thank goodness. Or for now anyways, that's all I can hope for right now. I am feeling better than I was. Stress plays such a big part, I know.

I hope you are having a good day today, hope you're feeling GOOD!!
chat later!

Lymesgal

Closed Thread