HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lyme Disease (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/)
-   -   I have a rash - is it Lyme Disease? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/420946-i-have-rash-lyme-disease.html)

Shimz 08-19-2006 10:13 PM

I have a rash - is it Lyme Disease?

ok sorry I am in the wrong forum please delete my posts.

6Blues 08-20-2006 10:38 AM

Re: I have a picture is this Lyme

Hi Shimz.

What are your symptoms? Were you bitten? Do you have a rash?

Peace and health to you. :)

Shimz 08-20-2006 10:51 AM

Re: I have a picture is this Lyme

ok sorry I am in the wrong forum please delete my posts.

6Blues 08-20-2006 11:17 AM

Re: I have a rash - is it Lyme Disease?

Hi Shimz.

When I replied to your post, it was worded differently. Thats why I asked those questions. :)

First, welcome. There's a lot of good info and people here.

Second, what you describe sounds very much like my rash.

I developed a red, oval, rash on my right shin - maybe 6 inches long & 4 inches wide.

It itched like crazy and drove me mad with the scratching! It was bumpy, but it wasn't poison ivy. When I scratched it, sometimes it would get little scabs, like a chicken pox scab. If I picked or scratched the scab, it would not bleed - it just kind of flacked off.

It would go away but even then I could still just make out the redish oval.

Then it would come back and the itching would start again! I swear I tried every itch cream and thing out there. Once, in a fit desperation, I scratched it till it bled, then I poured rubbing alcohol on it. ouch!

I am a single mom who had just bought her first home and I had a job where I had to travel sometimes. It was "just a rash" so it was easy for me to dismiss it and not do anything about it.

Finally, I saw a few doctors about my rash and I was told it was dry skin.

Well, it turned out to be Lyme disease. Oh, these doctors can be so closed minded!

I spent months trying to figure out what was wrong with me - going from one doctor to another. Finally after 9 months of tests, doctors and getting worse, I found an LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor) who tested my blood at a reputable lab and I got my diagnosis.

Please take a picture of it, put a coin or a pencil near it for scale. That will help if it goes away again.

Please be smarter than I was and see a doctor and get tested for Lyme.

If you tell us where you live, maybe we can recommend a good doctor.

Even if you don't have Lyme, it'll be good just to rule it out.

Try not to worry and enjoy your Sunday.

jojo 08-20-2006 11:21 AM

Re: I have a rash - is it Lyme Disease?

:wave: [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B][I]Hi do you know if you were bitten? Do you have other symptoms besides the rash? How long have you been breaking out with them??? have you looked up like Hives? herpes? they also itch...then there is poinsen oak....ect...ect....

Hope you don't have lyme ....

Let us know how you are....
Hugs........
:D [/I][/B][/COLOR]