It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
(female)

LymeGranny HB User
Question new symptom

Good morning everyone

I have been on doxy 200mg twice a day for a week now and in some ways feel a little better. Just having the fever gone has helped. The overwhelming fatigue is the same but the neck,joint and muscle pain has decreased some. Although the muscle fatigue is still limiting me I still work a full time job all week and by Wed I am ready to just cry because I am so tired. I found myself at times falling asleep at the wheel on the way home. I am going to start carpooling with one of my co-workers. I will drive to his house(5 miles from me) and he will do the long part of the drive and this will decrease my drive time and keep me off the highway. I cannot afford to not work so I have to keep going. My boss is very understanding of this situation and has encouraged me to leave early if need be or take a day off.
My new symptom over the past few days is my left knee is swollen. I have read somewhere that sometimes having a joint aspirated and sent off for testing should be done. What does everyone think about this?
I found a wonderful holistic store nearby and tomorrow will be talking to one of their wellness counsellors who has LD herself. I am so looking forward to going after this disease from a healthier lifestyle as well!

LymeGranny

Old 08-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User
Re: new symptom

HI Granny
Knees are a weak joint for Lyme Dieases, I think the cost are what wiegh up the testing in the end.
Most Lyme patients that get a result after a time can monitor and know thye have lyme.
If a test result is your main aim then i would go for it, but if it is preciouse monies that in the future could be your living needs then have a think about it.

have you tried the feet detox if it pains you, i find my legs twitch like crazy after a good foot soak, the blitters definately dont! like it.

Take care Jules xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
(female)

LymeGranny HB User
Re: new symptom

Thanks Jules,

You gave some good "food" for thought...I prefer not to go thru anymore at this time...

LymeGranny :-)

Closed Thread