It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 08:22 AM   #1
(male)

ShanghaiSD HB User
Question Can anyone help?

Hi Guys,

I appreciate all the words of advice that people have given me so far in my post below. It has really helped.

I am in the need of further help!

Today I saw my Physician here in Shanghai.
I went with a pile of information and informed him that many people had thought it was highly possible that I do have Lyme or similar, including the Neuro from the Cleveland clinic site where I was also able to post my question a while back - 13th August.

The Physician was very interested in my case (I don’t think it is “interesting”) but told me directly that Lyme can not be tested for in China and that he has tried to send blood etc abroad before for other things and it has always been denied by the Chinese authorities. The Physicians recommendation was to travel to the US, seek further medical advice and get the relevant tests I need ASAP so I can start the correct treatment ASAP.

So I am seriously thinking in following his advice, but obviously as I have only been to the States once, I need serious help.

Obviously I will need to be tested for Lyme and possible co-infections, mycoplasma's, parasites etc and I will probably also need testing for other viral encephalitis activity (preferably via lumbar puncture).

I would obviously prefer to see a LLMD, who also has an idea about problems like the above which could be causing my problems. So far I have not had good dealings with Neurologists but this may also be useful.

I would fly to west coast - San Francisco or LA (closer to, and direct flights from, Shanghai) but if necessary I could travel elsewhere if it will make it easier for me to do everything in one place without long waiting periods.

I would hope to be able to do it in a 10 day window while I am there; I am already risking my job at that length. So I would hope to see the LLMD or somebody at the start who could have the tests done/ordered etc so that I can follow up results with the necessary person before I need to fly back. I know this will not be easy but I am hopeful.

However, I have no idea how to proceed from here. I have only been to LA for 2 days.
Where should I go, who should I try to see?

Can anyone help?

I obviously do not just want to do this without planning it well so if someone would be able to seriously help me or at least point me in the right directions I would be forever grateful and would return the favor somehow.

I am keen to come as soon as possible (next week for example), so that I can at least get to the bottom of my troubles, and will be looking into flights over the next day or two so I would really appreciate if someone would email with assistance or info!

My Physician recommended to get in touch with the Cleveland Clinic but I am doubtful this is the way to go?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Last edited by moderator2; 08-22-2006 at 02:56 PM. Reason: posted contact info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User
Re: Can anyone help?

I suggest looking up the salt-c protocol, including the testimonials.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Steve.

I'm sorry to hear that you have to go to such lengths to get tested and treated, but I am glad that your China physician is open minded.

There are a few good Lyme Literate Medical Doctors (LLMDs) in California. I can't remember their names, but if you do a search here, maybe you can find the post where they are mentioned. There is also a sticky post at the top of this board which lists the names of some LLMDs.

You may want to contact Igenex labs in Palo Alto California. They should be able to mail you a test kit. Your China doctor can draw the blood and send it in. Igenex can test for all the critters you mentioned. That avenue may save you money and time. Check out their web site.

Once you have test results, maybe you can research some treatment protocols (for example, many LLMDs follow Dr. B's guidelines for treating Lyme) that your China doctor can treat you with.

I wish you good luck in finding a diagnosis and getting treatment so you can get back to health!

There are treatments for Lyme, so have hope. Hang in there!

Peace and health to you.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

HI Steve....bless your heart...what a crappy situation....if you look at the top of the board there are doctors names you might want to start there....Most likely you will have to do a alot of calling around and see where you can get in the soonest.....
I'm sure other's will come on and give you more advice....

There is also Dr. "J's" tinctures....but i have no clue if they would ship to China....

Keep us all posted ....

Closed Thread