It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
(male)

mrwong HB User
lyme symptoms?

I have a couple questions if its normal to have some of these symptoms with lyme or is it another thing that are causing this? First is it normal to get cankersores / mouth ulcers in your month like once or twice or month? Second to have this weird feeling in the back of your head and Third to have nose bleeds like once or twice or month? Last one, Is candida normal even though i have been off abx for 5 months (which i was only on for a month) ?

I have yet to been diagnosed with lyme, been to doctors and taken bloods tests. But i finally ran into a doctor in torrance, CA. Who was open minded and sort of a llmd. I took the igenex test and have to wait a month for results. I am sure that i do have this darn disease because i had the big bulls eye rash after i came back from yosemite national park and actually found the tick on me, but thats not enough evidence to get treatment... Currently im trying natural remedies provided my current doctor in torrance... thank you and i would appreciate any feed back

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User
Re: lyme symptoms?

Did all these symptoms arise after the tick bite?

If you are sure you have the disease, consider the salt-c protocol.

Also did you take probiotics during or after the antibiotics?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
(male)

mrwong HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylp
Did all these symptoms arise after the tick bite?

If you are sure you have the disease, consider the salt-c protocol.

Also did you take probiotics during or after the antibiotics?
Yes, the mouth ulcers are just recently starting to happen. The head feeling has been here awhile which is probably the worst feeling i feel right now with the brain fog and weird pulsing in the back of my head. Nose bleeds have been occuring before probably because of another reason, but have gotten more frequent as time passes...

Salt-C protocol where may i find this?

no, i did not take any probiotics after antibiotics because i had to find some amoxicillin on my own and just went on treatment myself after all the labs came back neg. The back and neck pain was getting so bad I had to since doctors thought i was crazy. (i took abx 8 months after i found the rash only 3 times a day for 21 days).

Old 08-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

Oh man the back and neck pain were awful for me too. Knocked me down.

Look on the web for the salt-c protocol. just google it for a few hours and print stuff out. Check the other threads on here about it too.

Haven't heard of the ulcers before. The rest are standard lyme symptoms.

Last edited by raylp; 08-23-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi mrwong,

Welcome to the board, sorry you have been ill.

If you had a bullseye rash, you have Lyme disease. The bullseye, also known as an erythema migrans or EM, is in itself grounds for treatment. Unfortunately, without documentation (photograph) of the rash it can be difficult to get a proper diagnosis.

The most important thing is to get to a Lyme-literate doctor for evaluation. There are some wonderful holistic therapies which can be extremely helpful, but do not neglect to seek out proper medical attention.

Bear in mind, there is no test which can absolutely rule out Lyme. You can have Lyme and test negative. The ELISA misses up to 60% of cases or more. The Western Blot is also not completely accurate. In one study conducted for the Lymerix vaccine, the largest Lyme survey ever performed, of 10,000 patients with culture proven Lyme, 36% NEVER developed a positive Western Blot.

In addition to Lyme, ticks also carry a number of co-infections such as Babesiosis, Bartonella, Erlichiosis (HGE&HME), and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme also have one or more of these co-infections. It is important to test and treat for these. Once again, the testing for these is not definitively reliable.

The treatment normally prescribed for early stage (within two weeks of infection) is doxycycline. The recommended dosage is 400-600 mgs. a day for 6 weeks. The Lyme organism, Borrellia burgdorferi, has a four-week reproductive cycle. It is only vulnerable during the time when it is reproducing, therefore it takes four weeks to kill off one cycle of organisms. Many doctors undertreat patients, which results in a later relapse (the organisms, if not killed off during this stage, disseminate into the body tissues and can remain dormant and emerge later). If treatment begins more than 2 weeks post-infection, longer and more intensive treatment is needed.

For a comprehensive listing of symptoms, go through the posts and find a poster named Ticker. Click on her name and go to "see all posts by this member". Scroll through her posts, and in several of them she has this information posted.

I would also recommend a book which I have found to be a tremendous help. 'Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease and Other Tick-Borne Diseases' by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner provides an in-depth yet easy to understand overview.

Last edited by TINUVIEL; 08-24-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:00 AM   #6
Inactive

peregrine HB User

[QUOTE=mrwong]I have a couple questions if its normal to have some of these symptoms with lyme or is it another thing that are causing this? First is it normal to get cankersores / mouth ulcers in your month like once or twice or month? /QUOTE]

Yes, mouth ulcers are not uncommon. I had them frequently, as you describe, for the first 10 years of illness, now only very rarely will I get one.

Prema

Old 08-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #7
(male)

mrwong HB User

thank you all for the feed back needed some reassurance... waiting for the labs to come back in a month doctors just giving me some remedies for cfs...

Last edited by mrwong; 08-25-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Mrwong....why is it taking a month to get your results back???? If it is through Igenex should be able to get them in a couple of weeks .....sounds like a long time.....

if you feel you really have lyme which yep it sounds like it...might try some ot the alternative treatments in the mean time......

Good Luck to you!!

Closed Thread