It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Getting ready for dr.

Well im getting ready for my dr. appointment. I hope hes open to lyme disease and maybe puts me on some antibiotics. At this point it wouldn't hurt. Im about to start printing some material to show the dr. I'll update yal on what he says when i get back.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Getting ready for dr.

Good luck.

Try to stay calm if he dismisses your ideas. I saw nine different doctors who would not listen.

I hope this guy listens to you. But just in case ... don't be surprised if you have to find a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD) to help you.

Good luck and let us know what happens, Ok?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

ECLIPSE....HOPE THINGS GO WELL FOR YOU.....LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

UGGGGH! lol. Well he basically said i was "making all this up." I've been tested for so many things and well everythings come back negative. "Your just depressed." I told him im not depressed. And he basically implied that i was making up my symptoms. I couldn't believe it.... UGH! So i guess my next step is to wait....till sept. 11th. I go to another infectious disease dr. I pray he takes this more seiriously. He laughed about the lime thing. His quote "The symptoms you have could be a number of things...esp. depression, lets put you on some more depression medicine." The only thing im depressed about is no one believe im sick you know. *sigh. Im not going to give up. I know i have lyme just a gut feeling.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

Well unfortunately that is the norm rather than the exception.

Are you going to do the salt-c?

Old 08-24-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Okay you deffinatley have Lyme if the Doctor said you are just depressed and it is all in your head HAHAHA...I am teasing....that is about the norm my dear friend....So did you allow him to put you on antidepressants? Did he take any blood work...did you ask him to send your blood to Igenex?? I also wouldn't hold my breathe thinking the infectious disease guy is going to say yes you have Lyme....I went to one and my gosh he was an idiot...he put down the doctor that knew I had lyme...this is typical as we all find out....Sorry kiddo that you have to go through this eye opener...but a lesson in life....

Okay so is it alright to post where you live? So someone can direct you to go to a LLMD...Lyme Literate Medical Doctor....Or have you gone to the top of the board and looked at the doctors up there...YOU NEED TO GET TREATMENT...you can't be dragging your feet anymore....every day makes you a little worse...it will be harder to treat the longer it goes un-treated....there are detoxes you can do ....there is alternative med's you can do...is it hard for Mom and Dad to allow you to try something without a diagnoises? Ask Mom to come on here and ask questions again...WE'd love to help her understand this crappy disease....I know she wants you to get better....and so do I....tell her we are real people Just invisable....heheehe...

Okay get some rest....

Old 08-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

were do i get ...sea salt?? i can't find it anywhere. Im still going to an infectious disease dr. I have 1000mg vitamin c tablets. Nowi just need the sea salt. ugh. I just want to get back to being normal. Also i am going to an alternative med dr. Parents at this point are willing to try anything. I did allow him to put me on anti depressants awhile ago. And they didn't work. He claims "we just hafta find the right one for you."....Im in huntsville, alabama. But i was going to try salt c protocol just need to know where to get the salt. Im not on any anti depressents tho. They seemed to make me all wierd....can't really describe it. Did dr.s tell u this? its just depression.

Last edited by eclipse27; 08-24-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

OH YES THEY SURE DID....doctor after doctor after doctor... .I went to just about EVERY kind of doctor there is...it was insane....and I was put on upppers downers inners and outters...hahaha...at one time I was on 14 different types of ummmm....(legal drugs) good grief....and if one antidepressant wasn't enough it was well I better up that and then add a couple more....I really don't want to see you and anyone else to have to go through that crap....it was insanity.. ...that is the drug of choice for doctors to give out now days....scrapped your knee? Here ...take this....LOL...actually it isn't funny...see they get kick backs from the drug companines if they push these....crazy crazy stuff that goes on....actaully it is very scary..... .

Anyway try the health food store....for your sea salt...ask them...you should be able to buy it in bulk...there is also a detox they talk about on some of the post here...try talking to 6Blues...I believe she is doing it right now...think it is Epsom Salt and hydrogen peroxide but I am not sure of the amounts....

Just a suggeston...make a new THREAD and say...looking for LLMD in Huntsville, Al....someone will come and tell you of the best one around your parts......there is LYME all over the world...the doctor you saw needs to learn about it....keep posting...we'll be here to support you...ask any questions you need okay.....

Don't worry you'll find the right help ......

Old 08-24-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

It hasn't happened to me, but maybe it's my personality. If they try it I out argue them. I prepare thoroughly before going in. But, I've heard of it happening alot.

Sea Salt. Well around here we can get it at the grocery store. If you have a decent sized grocery store, look for "real salt" or Sea Salt.

Or if you have a health food store, they should certainly have it.

According to google you have several health food stores. Shouldn't be hard.

If you go to the health food store, get 00 sized gelatin capsules (empty)

Then fill them with the sea salt. This is how I do it.

Last edited by raylp; 08-24-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Well i got teh vitamin c hoping to get the salt tommorrow. So i guess i'll start treatment for that tommorrow. I hope that works. Other than that all i have read really just says eat healthy, and take vitamins. Anything else you can contribute to that?

Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
(male)

Marconis HB User

What kind of tests do they do for lyme disease. I know it's blood work, but like...how many. One? Two? Is it a series of tests? More than blood? I'm afraid I might have it.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

i had one blood test done...it came back negative...but i strongly think i still have lyme.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:22 PM   #13
(male)

Marconis HB User

I think I have lyme and bartonella. I have a "scratch like" rash on my back that I noticed a few days ago and then tonight I accidentally came across a picture of the rash. This royally sucks.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Well do you have any other symptoms?...calm down tho. Don't worry. I'd go ahead and make an appointment with your dr. if you think you have it.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:51 PM   #15
(male)

Marconis HB User

I have a lot of other symptoms, but it is hard to tell since I have bad anxiety and Chiari 1 Malformation whcih produces the sort of same symptoms.

For a long time (before the tick bites):

Headache, abdominal pain every once in a while, sore throat

Noticed just two weeks ago:

Lightheadedness
Blurred Vision
Neck Pain
Cracking,creaking, popping joints
Severe Abdominal pain (beginning to subside)
Weakness (Only when I seem to be worrying)

Last edited by Marconis; 08-24-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Closed Thread