It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

Mary96 HB User
New at this, need direction

Hi all,

I just found this forum. I have a 20 year old son, who has been going from doctor to doctor for the last 7 years, he was finally diagnosed with lyme disease, but it is not active right now according to blood tests.

He has hardly grown during these years, he is very thin, and recently took medicine for tapeworm, but it did not help him at all. He is in constant abdominal pain, headaches, irritibality, etc.. all lyme symptoms.

Can someone direct me as to where to start, such as the find a good doctor in Southern California who treats lyme.

I was reading about NeuroAntitox on this forum, but got confused because the site I found that sells it had four different kinds... Also should I buy Borellogen and Microbogen? If yes, I found a web site that sells Borellogen but I am not able to find Microbogen. Are there any other products I should know of?

I would greatly appreiciate any advice from forum members who have experience with this disease, especially from those who have succeeded in getting back their life!

Thanks,

Mary96

Old 08-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: New at this, need direction

Welcome to the site, Mary. Sorry to hear about your son. How are his symptoms now. You said his lyme is inactive. My thoughts on that are that there are problems he is unaware of. All my lyme results came back indeterminate by igenex. My immune system had given up the fight. I had had it for 19 yrs and was treated incorrectly in the beginning.

Please consider the testing for the co-infections. I had so many digestive problems for years. I was also found to have babesia, mycoplasma, & bartonella. I hope you get the answers for your son and get him started soon on proper treatment. We're all here to help.

I have been on IV's and orals since last October. But I sometimes need more. I am looking into Dr J's detox products. I feel I have a large amount of ammonia to get rid of. Can't help you locate a Dr, but there is a great Doctors thread at the top of the lyme board you might check out. Hopefully someone will come on soon and give you a name.

Prayers.....Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
(female)

Mary96 HB User

Marsha thank you for responding... He did the Igenex test too, he was positive for the antibodies but negative for the DNA, but I understand that has a lot of false negatives. He is positive for all the co-infections you mentioned. He will not even hear of the IV treatments, he does not like needles...

He is very very thin, he is always tired and has headaches, abdominal pain, nausea, and very tight muscles, I am always rubbing his shoulders and back. He also has IBS symptoms. So far he has been on Biltricide Tinidazole, Alinia, Deflucan, everytime he takes such strong pharmaceuticals he gets sicker. I am going to buy Dr. J's stuff for him, I had no idea about him till I found this forum. I wonder if it is the ammonia that tightens muscles, the thing is main stream doctors are just confused about his symptoms that do not fall under one diagnosis, but they also are not experienced in lyme disease...

I appreciate any help I can get from the members here.

Thanks again for taking the time..

Take care,

Mary

Old 08-28-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Mary....I posted to you on the other thread...I just noticed you are in CAlifornia....not meaning to be nosey...but where in California....there are a couple of Lyme doctors you could take your son too...which sounds like that is where he truly needs to go....

hugs......

Old 08-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Mary
I agree with Jojo. I think you need to get your son into a LLMD. He has lyme and the co-infections complicate treatment. He is probably herxing from the meds when he takes them. Herxs can be horrible plus all the bacteria, and the ammonia. I do have friends that have tried Dr J's and are doing much better, but I have no personal experience with it.

Let us know if we can help.
Prayers...Marsha

Closed Thread