It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
(male)

Marconis HB User
Going to doc wednesday, questions.

I am going to the doctor on Wednesday to show her about the rash and tell her of my symptoms (she isn't my regular wellness doctor, mine is out on vacation).

What kind of questions do they ask, how do they examine you?

I am going to start off by saying I noticed an odd rash on my back last week and I never noticed it and weird symptoms until after I had been bitten by three ticks in early July. I'll tell her my neck is stiff, my throat has hurt since mid July, I have headaches, I feel lightheaded and my eyes get blurry sometimes. I just want to be prepared.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:16 AM   #2
(female)

janetclarkson HB User
Re: Going to doc wednesday, questions.

My advice to you would be to write everything down before you go. It is very easy to forget something or for the doctor to jump in and start discussing a particular symptom before you have managed to get everything in.

Write down all your symptoms, even things that you don't think are connected, and say how severe each one is and how often you get it. It sometimes helps to keep a diary of how you are from day to day, whether you have done anything particularly strenuous and how your health has changed as a result.

Try also to write down the history of your illness and how it has developed.

If you are feeling particularly ill when you see the doctor, you can always just hand over your notes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: Going to doc wednesday, questions.

Is it an LLMD that you're going to? If not, I hope you can get to a good lyme doctor soon. Most doctors don't know much about lyme and they can steer you wrong.

Have you been tested? It is a good idea to get tested through Igenex and not some other lab, if your doctor suggests testing. If she has the sense to just put you on antibiotics without a test reading, since you do have symptoms and a rash, it would be good to get some treatment regardless.

If she only gives you 200mg of doxy, that is probably too low a dose, but take it anyway because it's better than nothing, you can try to get it increased later on. Sometimes people start off low to see if they herx.

If she puts you on doxy, come back and talk to us, because there are some things you need to know about that stuff.

good luck.

Closed Thread