It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

df22002003 HB User
anyone with similiar symptoms - really need peer support

I have lyme. I get involuntary shakes and sometimes involuntary talking happens. the weird part is if I think these symptoms might happen or think I want them to happen, then they happen sometimes. It is so spooky. It feels like someone is living inside of me making me shake and talk on my command. I do know that nobody is living in me or making me do this, but it really feels like they are. Does anyone have these symptoms? I really want to meet someone who has similiar symptons. I want to know that someone else is experiencing the same thing because it is so spooky and it would relieve me a lot. So, please respond.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: anyone with similiar symptoms - really need peer support

Hi there, welcome to the board. I did experience what you are talking about and it happened to me for a long time. I thought I had touretts (I don't know how to spell that) but I would just have weird things come out of my mouth from anxiety attacks and sometimes I would flip my hands around for no reason.

It doesn't happen anymore, since I have had treatment for lyme, but when I did have those symptoms I tried really hard to hide it and I knew it was strange and I didn't want to scare people. Lyme affects the chemistry of the brain and can make you do weird things.

Are you on treatment? Are you seeing an LLMD?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

df22002003 HB User

Yes, I am getting treatment and I see a very good LLMD. What I described above only happens when I'm in private for the most part. Just wondering, when you were experiencing what you had, could you make it happen on command? Also, what did you take to stop it (if you don't mind sharing)?

Old 08-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi df220022003 and welcome. Sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.

I don't have the shaking/talking thing as bad as you and sleep describe. I have only experienced it very briefly once in a blue moon.

It sounds very unsettling to have that happen! Have courage to hang in there and know that you will get better someday.

Wish I could share more -

Peace and health to you.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:37 AM   #5
(female)

janetclarkson HB User

Hi,

Sorry that you are feeling so bad. I too get the shakes at times, but not as bad as you appear to be suffering from.

The involuntary speaking is a new one, but if you think about it the brain is a very complex organ and if the bacteria get into it, it can affect just about every function of your body. So every-one could have totally different symptoms depending on which part of the brain the bacteria is hiding in.

I have recently spoken to two different people who suddenly became profoundly deaf for 4 -6 weeks, after which their hearing returned to normal.

If your symptoms are caused in a similar way, it may only be temporary. I certainly hope so.

Best wishes.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:15 AM   #6
(male)

Rterry HB User

Hey, I have never had the talking thing but I do get the shakes quite often. It kinda feels like I am freezing cold and I shake but Im not cold... usually last for several minutes. I have tried things to make the shaking stop but have not figured anything out... just seems to kind of go away on its on. I do think sometimes if I am stressed or really tired it is worse. Let me know if you figure it out. Good luck.

Closed Thread