It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
(male)

kyle1 HB User
Igenex results(for Ticker)

Hi Ticker, This Is Kyle-you and I actually spoke on the phone some time ago. I actually am writing this to you because you and I talked about what I should being doing about this possible Lymes Disease. I have a question about how accurate the tests from Igenex are. I finally got my Dr. to send my blood to the Igenex lab in California and they came back negative for Lymes. I was so hoping for a possitve test for lymes because I'v been in limbo for so long with symptoms of lymes and MS. I have been through hell for 3 years with doctors telling me that it's anxiety and depression I could just puke. I'v recently quit my job as a community service officer for the local Police department and have also stopped going to college to be a Police officer because my vision and my memory loss is so bad bad, I can hardly function anymore. I have so much neck and back pain along with arthrits like symptoms in my fingers, toes, knees. Well enough complaing about me because the list would take all night. I guess I was wondering if anybody else has had negative test results but still got there doctor to treat lymes with enough medicine to get them better again. My Doctor is a doctor that only treats with positive blood results. So I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this illness, It's either got to be Lupus, MS, or lymes and I'm betting on lymes.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

NP40 HB User
Re: Igenex results(for Ticker)

Hey Bud, not to worry. Igenex misses too. Your symptoms are pure lyme, in my estimation. Igenex misses a couple of percent evey year. The Bb clamours out of the blood stream where the 57 killer cells can get at it and goes to muscle and tissue where they can't.

Your symptomatic and blood results mean nothing. Even the CDC says to treat symptoms not the tests. Lyme literate doc's are in short supply but their out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 05:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Kyle.....YES I had the same thing happen to me with Igenex....I was tested and tested and tested by soooo many labs...nothing would show up...EVEN HAD A SPINAL TAP....nothing showed up.....I KNEW I HAD GOTTEN BIT...I went to the ER and had one of the heads dug out...finally found a wonderful doctor that went on my symptoms and NOT ANY OF THE TEST RESULTS....and yes he was getting his butt into all kinds of trouble trying to help people without positive test....sounds like things might be changing a little bit ....now days...

Sounds to me like lyme also same symptoms as I had...FIND YOURSELF A DOCTOR THAT WILL TREAT YOU ON YOUR SYMPTOMS....Or ask here on the board for a lyme literate doctor in your area........longer you wait for a positive on a test the hard it will be to treat....

Good luck to you!! Call around to allllll of the doctors...say I know I have lyme and ask if they will treat without a positive.....

Old 09-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Kyle. I am sorry you are having so many problems. Realize that no Lyme test is completely reliable. A knowledgeable Lyme doctor knows this and will consider your entire history to diagnose you. Do you have copies of your Western Blot? If so, post them. Were you tested for the co-infections also?

The most important thing you can do to confirm or rule out tick-borne illnesses is to see a Lyme doctor. Any doctor who relies solely on test results to treat is not knowledgeable in my opinion.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Kyle it's me again....soooooo....did you get to a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor???

Once again please post where you live and find one to go to...the sooner you get to one then you can quit bangging your head against the wall going to these doctors that don't want to treat you for it....

Not everyone gets a positive through Igenex even though they are the BEST lab to test for lyme...

Good Luck!

Closed Thread