It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

tmm40 HB User
Red face help just diagnosed with lyme disease

i went to my dr tues and he diagnosed me with lyme disease he said i was going into second stage i have had fevers,extreme tiredness ,rashes ,conjuctiveitis in my eyes ,headaches ,neckpain,joint pain ,sore throat, and dizziness i have gotten bit my several ticks over the past 2 months and not really exactly sure when i got it because i have had the rash and symptoms for almost 2 months he put me on docycline for 3 weeks 2 times a day and did blood work have any of you expierenced any of these symptoms i have been so tired that i come home from work and go staight to bed. i need all the info and support i can get.please help : tmm40

Old 08-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: help just diagnosed with lyme disease

Hi Tmm....yes had those symptoms ...your doctor needs to put you on a longer regimn of antibiotics...and needs to teat you with more than one type of antibiotic....make sure to do your own research about lyme...how high a dose are you doing of the doxy?? Need atleast 600 mg of it...also need to take probiotics for yeast over growth....

So sorry to hear you have this crappy disease....hope we can all help answer more of your questions .....

Take care....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Tmm
Welcome. Sorry you're here.

I know the symptoms well. I agree with Jojo, you need meds longer than 3 wks and I did the two abx at the same time. If your Dr is not lyme literate, I suggest you find one. (and from the dose of the doxy, I would guess he is not)

I know you don't feel like it, but do as much research as possible. The more you know, the more you can make sure you get the necessary treatment. Read the different threads here, they give you so much info.

We're here. We understand. And we care.
Prayers....Marsha

Old 08-31-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi tmm40 and welcome.

Sorry to hear that you are so sick. I understand, I've been there.

I am on Doxycycline, 600mg per day (300mg in the morning, 300mg at night).

I take pro-biotics to replace the "good" bacteria that the antibiotic kills which keeps the diarhea and yeast infections at bay. I bought it at a health food store and the bottle has to stay in the fridge.

I have had the dizziness, I've walked into walls, I've slept for 14 hours and woke up only to need a nap 4 hours later. I could not remember where my checkbook was or the bills. I had trouble speaking.

Right now I am dealing with pain in my feet and legs. Oh how I dread having to stand up! LOL

I hope you don't mind some questions - how were you diagnosed? What test did you have? Are you seeing a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD)? Were you tested for co-infections?

There are great ppl here on the boards who can offer support, experience and encouragement.

There is resaon for hope - so don't feel discouraged. You will feel better someday.

Peace and health to you!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

NP40 HB User

Hi Tmm, lyme spirochette's replicate every 28 days so how does a doc figure that 3 weeks of treatment eradicates the disease ? Strep replicates every half hour and they treat that for 10 days. Make any sense ?

400-600mg is the initial recommended dose of doxy. At least 6-8 weeks and that's if no tick co-infections present themselves. A good doc is the key. Doxycycline is normally given initially because often erlichiosis will be carried by the tick as well, which in rare cases can be fatal.

Not to worry, your very early in your disease progression and the right doc will restore your health.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #6
(female)

tmm40 HB User

thank you allfor your advice my dr said i tested positive for lymes disease and right now i started on new blood pressure meds and he didnt want to give me to much at one time and my dr did say i will probally need to take the antibiotics longer .i have just been feeling so crappy my body hurts i am very tired and ect .i have good days and bad mainly bad right now.i appreciate all the advice thank you .i need all the help i can get .tmm40

Old 09-03-2006, 02:43 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

raylp HB User

You may want to look into taking fish oil, for the blood pressure.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi tmm40, welcome to the board!

What dose of Doxy were you taking--200 mg daily? If so, this is not strong enough for Lyme. I believe the recommended dose is 300-600 mg daily. Three weeks of treatment is never long enough, even if an infection was caught within two weeks of the bite. If you have been infected for two months, you need much longer treatment. Your infection is relatively early, which is good. Getting the proper treatment now may reduce the chance of long-term complications.

The most important thing you can do is see a Lyme knowledgeable doctor. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. Many doctors do not understand these diseases and under-treat them. Untreated or under-treated tick-borne illnesses can be serious. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

Please do whatever is necessary to see a knowledgeable doctor as soon as possible. If you need a recommendation for your area, let me know.

Hang in there okay? Good help is available.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
(female)

tmm40 HB User

to ticker thank allof you for the advice.i have been down today with fever and severe pain .i live in the lynchburg virginia area . today is one of my really bad days .thank you all tmm40.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi tmm40.

I'm having a bad day too. Fever, headache, pains and bad aches, vomitting, etc.

We'll keep each other company, Ok?

Hang in there

Old 09-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

There is only one Lyme doctor I know of in VA, and I do not believe she is taking new patients at this time. I know of a couple in the MD/DC area: Dr. Kenneth Singleton in Towson, MD; Dr. Mark Garzon in DC; and Dr. Elizabeth Lucas in Timonium, MD. Dr. Singleton comes highly recommended. All I know about the others is that they are supposed to be knowledgeable.

I hope you can see one soon and get some answers. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
(female)

tmm40 HB User
Unhappy Re: help just diagnosed with lyme disease

hi ticker and everyone.as you allknow i was diagnosed with lymes disease 2 weeks ago.i have been realsick since then .had to go to the er with severe pain the dr put me on pergoset for almost a week my joint pain is so bad sometimes i can hardly walk.my fever goes up and down along with a lot of the other symptoms i feel worse now than i did 2 weeks ago. do you ever get better or do you just hang in there. thanks for all your advice tmm40.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi tmm40. I am sorry you are in so much pain. What dose of Doxy are you taking?

I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to see a knowledgeable doctor, get tested for all the co-infections, and get the proper treatment. Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective.

Untreated or under-treated Lyme can be serious. Please do whatever it takes to see a Lyme doctor as soon as you can.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to see a knowledgeable doctor, get tested for all the co-infections, and get the proper treatment. Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective.

Untreated or under-treated Lyme can be serious. Please do whatever it takes to see a Lyme doctor as soon as you can.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Closed Thread