It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
New stuff going on and my LLMD is really the best!

Hi Everyone:

A week or so ago I posted about all the stress I am under. Well, despite how much I wanted to control the stress I still allowed it to control me. There are so many things going on with my MIL that it makes me sick. She just will not get adjusted to this assisted living facility. We've gotten a phone call the last 3 days asking one of us to come in asap. My MIL is throwing coffee at people, hitting, kicking, screaming etc. etc. This morning I went in and when I got there I was told that she is refusing her meds. I tok my mil into her room and asked her where her meds were. She had wadded them up in a tissue and threw them on her bed. She then told me she wanted to die and that she didn't want to taje her meds anymore and didn't want to eat. let me back up a sec.....the past 3 days or so I have been sick off and on. One night I spent every 30 minutes with dry heaves. The next day I had severe back pain and abdominal cramping with diarhhea (I'm so sorry!) that was bright red blood. So, I have only had a few hours of sleep since Thursday. Ok, back to MIL.....I started crying and got in her face and told her that if she wa going to act like this then I was leaving and going home to my boys who needed me. I was so furious with her.

Anyway, I just haven't been feeling well. Once I started having the bright red bleeding I called Dr. S at home and left a message. I was thinking I had a c diff infection starting. He called back this morning and talked to me for 40 minutes. He was so sweet and so compassionate. He kept calling me hon, and darling. Right now he wants me off all antibiotics until my abdomin settles down. He also wants me to have a colonoscopy and bone scan. The problem is that I have to have it irdered from m family doctor who I am sure will be a pain in the butt! He even called me in a script to help me sleep. I am feeling loopy.

How do I find out about detox baths?

Thanks!

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
(female)

janetclarkson HB User
Re: New stuff going on and my LLMD is really the best!

Hi Cindy,

So sorry. You really are having a pig of a time at the moment.

First off - You were right to tell your MIL that your boys were your first priority. If you dash over there every time she kicks off, she'll do it all the more. Next time they call you, make an excuse not to go.

Secondly - I don't see how any doctor worthy of the title could possibly object to a colonoscopy given the symptoms you have.

You are not loopy, neither am I. It's every-one else!

Wishing you sunnier days

Janet

Old 09-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Oh Cindy! You got to cut back on your dealings with your MIL. Let hubby take over (it's HIS mom) or another of her children. You cannot get involved any more. YOUR health is at stake here.

What if the stress of her over the past three days brought on your intestinal problems? See what I mean? Cut out that stress - NOW! You don't have to be nasty or rude, you can politely say that you have health issues now and need to rest.

I am happy to hear that your LLMD gave you comfort. So few doctors show compassion, it's good to hear that a few of them still do.

Please take care of yourself and let us know what happens with the colonoscopy.

Peace and health to you.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi cindy!! sooo sorry you are goint to this nightmare ..hope by the time you read this you are feeling better...maybe you have either an ulcer or polyp, due to abx. and stress! .my dad had that and did a colonoscopy and was a polyp, .. you are soo lucky of having such a nice and compasionate doctor,there are very very few like that....hope you feel better very soon and keep us posted!! big hug

Closed Thread