It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

TamKS HB User
Talking There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Good Morning to all,

I haven't been to the board for a while because I have been busy with life! Praise God!! I have had a smile plastered on my face for about 4 weeks. I have been feeling great.

I just want you all to know that you have to keep moving foreward...keep putting one foot in front of the other even though it is extremely difficult to keep going sometimes.

I little history...

I have been sick for 5 years. I've been to tons and tons of doctors in that time. I have been diagnosed and undiagnosed with many diseases. Two and a half years ago I started treatment for lymes. Started wtih orals...PICC line and rocephin and claforan for 14 months.

My symptoms were headaches, migraines, joint pain, and fatigue. The joint pain and fatigue being so bad that I was often in bed and not able to carry on with everyday responsiblilities. I would occasionally have a good day or two, but would always go back to feeling awful.

In the last 4 weeks I have gotten completely off my pain meds (duragesic and hydrocodone). My brain fog is lifting and I feel like I'm getting my life back. I am not sleeping 12 hours a night, and not tired during the day. My joints don't hurt at all. It feels amazing. I am even going to the gym to workout. It feels great.

I am still taking oral zithromax and ceftin.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed, but I am optimistic because I haven't felt this good since before this started 5 years ago.

I just wanted you all to know that there is hope. I always enjoy hearing of others on the board who are doing well.

My thought and prayers are with you all,
Tami

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

WOW! Thanks for the encouraging words, it's so good for all of us to know when one is doing better. I'm so happy for you and I second what you said...Praise God!!

Old 09-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Bill S HB User

Great news. Keep us posted. We need to hear from more folk who are actually "cured" to give the rest of us some hope.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi TamKS,

Praise God indeed!!!! So glad you're feeling better. Thanks for posting your wonderful news here, it is always encouraging to hear people's success stories with this. Stay well, let us know how it goes.

Last edited by TINUVIEL; 09-11-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Another Praise God. So good to hear something positive.

Prayers...Marsha

Old 09-12-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Congratulations TamKS-- This is such great news! If there are others out there with success stories please let us know...

Old 09-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Yay TamKS!! Congrats on winning the fight.

Five years is a long time but you didn't give up. You kept fighting this disease and you beat it.

Thanks be to God and to you for coming here and giving us hope. I pray that you continue to improve and that someday - you won't have to think about taking any pills.

Peace and many days of health to you!

Closed Thread