It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

lynnp HB User
Question Anyone who has taken Mepron and Ketek

When you take Mepron together with Ketek, how much Ketek do you take and do you take anything else with it (like Plaqenil or other antibiotics)?

Old 09-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User
Re: Anyone who has taken Mepron and Ketek

Hi Lynnp

I just finished 4 months of Ketek and mepron. I also took other abx with it. I have heard of others who take just the two. The mepron was for babeosis. I also took tindamax 2 wks on, 2wks off, and was also doing bicillin shots. At one point we stopped the shots and switched to omniceff while still on the ketek & mepron.

You can take other abx with that combo but every case is different. Are you getting liver enzymes checked regularly? Ketek can be hard on the liver. I have mine checked every month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

I was on Ketek and Mepron for a while, can't recall the dosage as it was a few months ago. I can't recall if I was pulsing Flagyl with that particular combo but I think not. You definitely need to get your liver enzymes checked regularly while on that combo. I have heard very good reports from patients regarding the effectiveness of Ketek but as lymegirl pointed out, it can be hard to tolerate toxicity-wise.

Lymegirl- Just wondering how you did on the bicillian and if it helped more than the oral meds. What was the bicillian dosage and which other meds did you take with it?

Old 09-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi guys!

I was on Ketek, but only for a short time.

Maybe I'll try it again someday after I get rid of this Bartonella co-infection.

I was on Bicillin shots for months. They made no difference at all - so I stopped. They weren't cheap and I never got used to having to stick myself.

Peace and health to all.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Hi Tinuviel

I did the shots for two months and stopped them because I looked worse than ever with very dark circles under my eyes and my skin didn't look good. Leg stiffness was better and fatigue seemed somewhat better. I actually cooked dinner afew nights.

Since I stopped the shots three weeks ago have slid back. Very, very stiff legs and that old electrical buzzing (painful) in my legs is back, as well as neckaches that I haven't had in months. My skin looks better though. How crazy is it when you can't even tell you're better until you get worse, then you know you were better. LOL. Life with lyme!

My theory now is the shots were working and my skin and under eye circles were toxins that I was not getting out. Re-started shots yesterday and going in the sauna every night. I did one of those ionic foot baths today and what came out was gross.

The shots come prefilled and I'll have to get the dosage. I do them 3x week, and I am also taking tindamax 2wks on 2 wks off, and ketek 800mg day. I'm taking lots of supplements and doing vit b12 shots. I have stephen buhler's book and was looking online today for the herbs for his core protocol, japanese knotweed and andrographis. I already take cats claw.

How are you doing tinuviel?

Closed Thread