It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User
Smile Hello lymies

Hi gang:

Wow, I am soo sad to see so many newbies. This disease is really something...

I am getting a picc placed tomorrow and am really nervous about it. I am hoping it goes well and that this will be the last little push that I need. I do feel like I continue to make progress, but the vision, vertigo is still a problem and I am going to give this a shot.

I will let you know how it goes...

Frango

P.S. I really do feel like the infrared sauna is helping. I also started progesterone and the synthroid seems to have helped too... Will let you all know of other things that seem to help.

Last edited by Smyle; 09-12-2006 at 01:17 PM.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Hello lymies

Hi Frango....Sooooooo nice to see you and read you again

Don't know if you have ever had a picc line before....I just want to say...Try not to be nervous....I LOVED MINE...and my sweeties 2 neices this is what kicked it in the butt for them....AND THEY LOVED THEIRS...infact they pushed me to have the ones I had....it helped me remember when to do my medication...shoot...I was bad and even went kayacking in Lake Tahoe with mine...I did everthing with mine...you just to have to make sure to keep the sight where it goes in your arm...CLEAN. and try real hard to keep it dry....

I hope you continue to feel better.....what antibiotics are they going to use...try to avoid Rocephin...it is very very hard on the gall bladder and organs....I did two antibiotics at a time plus flaygl.....

Keep kicking those LYMIE BUTTS!!!!!

Big Hugs to you!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi JoJo

Thanks for the tips... I ordered the mid-arm protector that ticker recommends (if you see this, thanks ticker) so that I can shower and continue to use my sauna. I am encouraged to hear that you liked your picc and that your neices did well. I am hoping that this will be what I need to get my ability to drive back.

I feel like I have made a lot of progress - I had backslid in July/early August and just lately I feel like I've made quite a bit of improvement again. Isn't it typical?

I will be on Rocephin. I think 2 grams a day. My LLMD said he sometimes does 4 grams and that that is what they use for meningitis, but since I will be staying on the Ketek also it will be 2 grams. I am nervous about being on 2 drugs that are so hard on the liver, but up until this point I have tolerated the Ketek well- infact my LFT's are often on the low side.

I just hope it goes well, with no complications...

Frango

Old 09-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hey frango, good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you. Hope all goes smoothly.
hugs from the sleeper...

Old 09-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi frango. Good to hear from and good to hear that you are feeling better than a few months ago. I've thinking of you and wondering how you are.

That stinks that the vertigo thing is still hanging on. Keep fighting! I know you will beat this thing.

So how did it go today? You are very brave to get a PICC line.

Peace and health to you.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Guys:

It went well. I got my first dose of Rocephin to make sure I didn't have a reaction. Now the nurse comes tomorrow to show me how to do this myself. I am going to be on a massive dose! 4 grams a day! Plus I am staying on the Ketek at least for now. I hope I don't spontaneously combust...

6blues:--I am very hopeful about this for the balance stuff, tonight after one dose I felt like I was walking on a very small boat in about 12 foot seas in a gale. I will let you know how it goes...

Old 09-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Frango
Been checking several times today to hear from you. Glad things went smoothly. Let us know how the treatment goes. If I can help, let me know.
Don't forget the milk thistle.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 09-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

glad things went well frango. i hope this round of treatment will get you symptom free soon. keep us posted on how it goes.

looks like we'll both be going through this together, as i start my 3rd round of iv's when i get my picc line in hopefully next week. we can encourage each other when we're herxing and such.

good luck with giving youself your first dose alone. i'm sure you'll do fine.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 09-14-2006, 06:05 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Shanna:

I am glad to hear that you found someone closer to you, that's great. I saw your post about hopefully getting a picc next week. I know you have been through it before so I am sure it will go well.

I had put this off and put this off for so long, but finally realized that this was probably what it was going to take. I was actually not so nervous about yesterday, but more about the coming weeks and all the stuff that can go wrong with a picc, but I guess that people can have these in for a long time.

I hope yours goes well- let us know...

Frango

Old 09-14-2006, 07:07 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Frango...I was just peeking in to see how the picc went....Just want you to remember...you will have a nurse out once a week...well that is what I had anyway...they change the bandage for you...look at the sight....clean it up...take your vitals....AND YOU HAVE A FRIEND TO TALK TOO! hehehe....With me because I was having sooooo many problems with this swelling on my head and being WAY OUT THERE...at times I was able to have a counclor come right to my house....ANOTHER FRIEND.. ..after awhile you will see how they change the dressing and things...and you just need to watch that it is not getting red and swollen...which would be from staph...I had my first one in for 7 months...nooooo problem...then had my second one put in...shoot it was infected the next morning...(the doctor had a hard time) but the 3rd one stayed in for a couple of months.....then we stopped treatment...he was retiring and I had to try to find someone else to help me....yeah right

It will be a pain until you get use to it when you bend your arm...I wound up getting some socks and cutting the toe off to put over the bandage...OH THE FUN YOU CAN HAVE MAKING IT LOOK PRETTY

Try not to worry, you know where that will get you....

You taking things to cleanse out your gallbladder and liver?? DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS!

How is your son doing?????
HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread