It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

JENZEY HB User
extreme fatigue...

I was wondering what everyone does for extreme fatigue. Is there anything anyone can recomend. I was drinking coffee and any other form of caffine I could get all day. My Dr. told me to lay of the caffine. It's such a struggle to get through a day of work, I find myself dosing off in my chair. Any suggestions anyone has for me would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User
Re: extreme fatigue...

Hi Jenzey- welcome to the board. It's my life recommended Oleda veggie greens plus and I must say that I feel like it does increase my energy.

I also can't give up my caffeine in the a.m., but don't have any after noon. I think it can act like sugar, where you get a big lift initially and then you come down pretty hard.

Frango

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi JENZEY, I can relate to the problems with fatigue, it's such a battle every day. Caffiene is extremely counterproductive though, it dehydrates you and it really hurts the adrenals. Drink lots of water and stay away from the caffeine and sugary drinks too. Sugar can make you very tired.

One thing that helps me with energy is ATP which you can get in the health food store. I buy it online, I like the Nutriwest brand called Total Mitochondria. ATP gives your cells energy. Another thing that helps alot is whey protein because that boosts your glutathione level which is usually low with lyme. CoQ10 is helpful for oxygenating your body and keeping your blood moving. I also take a good liquid multivitamin made by The Awareness Corporation in Canada.

It would be a good idea to get your thyroid checked. Hashimotos hypothyroid is seen often in lyme patients. It's almost impossible to have any energy if your thyroid is not working properly.

Are you having any yeast problems? Systemic yeast can build up when you are on antibiotics and that can be a cause of fatigue. Probiotics can help with that, and an antifungal if necessary.

I hope you feel better soon, I know how hard it is to try to work when you are exhausted.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi sleeperwoken,

Thanks for the recommendation for the Total Mitochondria and the whey protein tip.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

The extreme fatigue is the result of the bacteria clumping together over time and slowing your metabolic rate. Your body's metabolism runs like the gears in a watch. One by one, a gear here and there will become gummed up and stop.

For an immediate help with fatigue, the veggie caps will definite help to a degree. But for a real fix, you have to force the bacteria out of the "gears."
You can do it by taking daily detox baths for a couple of weeks, then start taking Andrographis. As you herx, you detox the dead bacteria out at the end of the day with the bath...When you feel like you can handle the herxing with the baths and are ready for more, then start to use Eleuthero (Siberian Ginseng) I'll warn you, the Eleuthero is very powerful and you'll have to go easy in the beginning. Daily baths are a must and keep on going by increasing the dosages. Start out with just a few drops and work your way up to a teaspoon three times daily.

Cant stress daily baths with peroxide and baking soda enough.

(I tried the total Mitochondria and didn't notice anything, pretty pricey too. I think my bottle was 50.00)

Last edited by itsmylife; 09-14-2006 at 06:02 PM.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I do feel better than last year - maybe 20% better.

I find that my body freaks out to two extremes: either I can't sleep enough and I cannot keep my eyes open for more than 6 or 8 hrs straight -- or -- I am so tired and I can't sleep no matter what!!

I tried so hard to do a 30 day straight detox regime. I did it for 7 or 8 days then I was not feeling well enough to do it.

I may sound like a wimp, but there are times I am just too tired to gather my stuff and climb those stairs and draw the bath and brush my skin and get in and soak. Its ironic that the time when I need it most, I am too sick to detox.

I've been meaning to try Dr. J's stuff, try Cats Claw again, try Andrographis, try the ATP stuff, the veggie caps ... just too sick to order it and work it into my daily routine.

8 hrs of work is all I can give most days.

I hope I can try these great suggestions someday.

Good topic JENZEY. Thanks!

Closed Thread