It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
My daughter tested positive

My daughter tested positive. I must have given it to her when I was pregnant. This is all getting very complicated.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User
Re: My daughter tested positive

Hi Sleeper:

I am so sorry. Looks like we are in the same boat. My son is seeing my LLMD tomorrow while I am getting my picc placed. He tested negative, but has some positives and many indeterminates for very BB specific bands. He also has a lot of symptoms. He is only 8, so when an 8 year old is telling you that he feels like rain drops are hitting his legs(his way of describing parasthesia), and complaining of chest pains, fatigue etc... it is pretty alarming.

What are you going to do? I just don't know how you go about treating kids for this... I just really hope that your daughter and my son get better soon- kids are more resilient, right?

Frango

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Sleeper and Frango
I am so sorry to hear this about your kids. It is a horrible disease. But kids as a rule bounce back from any illness faster than adults. I hope you can get them started on treatment. I can imagine the feelings you are having, but don't. It was not something you had control over. You are there doing your best to help them. You both have so much wisdom that you can apply to help get your kids treated. Let me know how it goes.

Prayers to both of you. Marsha

Old 09-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Oh sleeper - I am so sorry to hear about your daughters diagnosis.

But ... you were right to get her tested. Knowledge is power and by testing her, you have saved her from months or years of suffering. You are knowledgable about this disease and thats the best kind of mom for a kid with Lyme.

You did not give it to her, it was out of your control. It just happened and that stinks.

Kids do bounce back faster than grown-ups. My sons friend got Lyme, was diagnosed, treated and recovered all within the last year. It was amazing to see how brave he was and what a great attitude he had.

You're an awesome mom and she's in good hands with you around.

Frango: your son's symptoms do sound scary. I hope he gets treatment and feels better soon. Let us know what the doc says. Try not to worry. Lyme is not a death sentence. Its a horrid disease, but it can be cured.

I will say extra prayers for you both.

Peace and health to all.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

sleeper

I am sorry to hear that your daughter is positive. Give us anything to deal with but not our kids. The good thing is you caught it early and like someone else said kids are resilent and they heal quicker than the adults.

Both my kids are being treated now. My daughter is positive also and my son had some positive bands that my LLMD was concerned about, although his test overall was a negative. I have had this a very long time I am sure, so they probabably got it from me.

We see the LLMD tomorrow and they have been on abx for a month. I haven't seen much change so I don't know what the Dr will say. A friend told me she didn't see any change in her son for several months. He tested positive but his symptoms seemed questionable initially. I could count on 1 hand the number of times I have gotten abx for my kids in 11 yrs. It goes againist my grain to have them on abx, but with my own experience with lyme and the nightmares I've read about I will do anything to prevent them from getting this. I really feel they should be kept on the abx, and I hope my LLMD agrees with me.

Has your daughter seen the LLMD yet? Let us know how she is doing.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi sleeper.

Just wondering if there's any news on you daughter ... what protocol she will be on, when will she start, etc?

Thinking of you.

Closed Thread