It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

Laura2 HB User
How would Lyme present in a Newborn ?

I was just reading here about how a low body temp is sometimes associated with lyme. My oldest has always had a very low body temp., and a host of medical problems since birth. I'm curious how a lyme infection, if passed on to the baby during pregnancy/birth, would present in the newborn - ? (I had a fever during labor, and she was treated in the hospital with antibiotics due to an apparent infection of which no cause was ever found). Just curious.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: How would Lyme present in a Newborn ?

Hi Laura2, I am dealing with this right now too with my kids. As with everything pertaining to lyme, there are vastly different schools of thought on this and it's really hard to get information.

I can only tell you what I have concluded based on my research, because even doctors are not agreeing on this. But what I see to be true is that there is a difference between a child born with lyme because the mother had chronic lyme and a child born with lyme because the mother was bitten during her pregnancy.

The really sad stories of serious illness and even death come when the mother is bitten. When the lyme is passed on because the mother had it all along, that seems to be a different story.

I took my son's temperature yesterday and it was 96.2. I don't like this at all and I will be addressing it, but I am not going to attack lyme in him and make his body a battlefield when he is otherwise doing well. He gets A's in school and he is active in sports.

Phone is ringing. Tell me, did you get bitten during pregnancy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
(female)

Laura2 HB User

Thanks for the info. No, I was not bitten that I know of during pregnancy...if anything, I would think it might be possible that I had gotten lyme years ago and then passed it on. I remember one particularly nasty tick bite when I was about 9 or so....

Anyway, it's probably completed unrelated to lyme, but she always had a very low temperature. I remember as a toddler taking her temperature while she was sleeping because she felt so cold and clammy. I knew something wasn't right when it was 94.7! But, over the years, I got used to it since her regular temp. was ALWAYs around 96, and then would dip down at night. Then, every time she she was sick, she'd get really high fevers. Hmm, she also used to get what I called "spring fever" every year at EXACTLY the same time of year -- a very high fever for a few days to a week with no other symptoms. Don't know what any of it means, if anything!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

well low body temperature is not something to be ignored, contrary to what mainstream medicine will tell you. It is dangerous and leads to trouble. The body temperature should be maintained at close to 98.6 to keep disease away. I believe that low body temp is an indication of trouble, at the very least it is a sign of thyroid and adrenal deficiency.

My kids have lyme and they are having some physical problems. My son faints without cause and my daughter seems to have a hormone imbalance. Both have low body temp and frequent aches and pains. They have lyme, but not classic lyme symptoms because they got it from me when I was pregnant and they will carry it now. Their immune systems don't recognize it as an invader, so they don't have some of the common problems, but their bodies are definitely affected.

I will be working on their symptoms and on showing them how to live and eat right. This means no cheetos and twizzlers for them. You would be amazed at how you can change your health and your kids' health just with a decent diet. It matters and it's important. No small thing, honestly.

How old is your little one?

Closed Thread