It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Jernigan tinctures are working - I feel better!

I have been taking Borrelogen and Pale Spike Lobelia for five days, and I feel better.

I take 2 dropper-fulls of each, 5 or 6 times a day. By the way, is it Ok to take them together? Should they be taken on an empty stomach?

All the other stuff I ordered hasn't arrived (including the book), so that's why I am only taking these two so far.

I've noticed that my mind feels clear. It's actually better. I can't believe it. I can think! I can speak! I can interupt people at work like I used to! I can remember numbers and bits of information! Hooray.

I only hope that it stays this way. Anyone taking Jernigan notice their symptoms to stay away - or do they ever return?

I've noticed that my pain is a bit better. The bottoms of my feet hurt so much! They feel as if they are going to split open whenever I take a step. I have a shuffling, frankenstein-esque walk that I use to get around - like how you walk in ski boots. The last few days I have been able to bend my feet when I walk and even stand up straight while doing it.

Then, this moring, I had no fever when I woke up. It kicked in around noon and its back with a vengance, but all morning - I was fever free!

Is this real? I mean, could it have been this simple after 21 months on antibiotics - to find relief in a natural supplement?

I could kick myself for not having tried this sooner. But I have to remember that I was sick and I spent months forgetting to order it.

I am staying on the Levaquin. As a matter of fact, I noticed my rashes starting to itch again so I have a Herx starting now.

I am amazed. I still have a lot of problems, but I am amazed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User
Re: Jernigan tinctures are working - I feel better!

YEAH mickie!!!

I am glad you are seeing results and so soon.

I ordered the CNS neuro antitox but didn't get it yet. I was hoping this would help with the dizziness and balance problems. I could use the muscoskelto one too as my legs are sooo stiff. I will order that one if I see any results from the 1st one.

Keep us posted.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Fantastic!!! I am so happy for you!!! This is great news.

I think taking them on an empty stomach is probably a good idea, but I am just guessing, I don't really know. I know that you want to swish them around your teeth for a few minutes before swallowing. Also, I think you are supposed to take them separately. You can take one right after the other, but best if you don't have them in your mouth at the same time.

I usually take the borrelogen first and then the neuro anti-tox about a half hour later.

I hope it stays this way for you too. Keep us posted!

Old 09-27-2006, 08:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

YIPPIEEEEEEE!!!!!! This is WONDERFUL news MicBlues!!!!! I Pray that You continue to improve!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!! This makes my day!! Yep sometimes we have to look in other directions for treatments....Keep us posted on your progress....Soon you'll be doing laps around the block....and dancing up a storm.... Keep going girl friend!

Big Hugs to YOU!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I couldnt stand the sleeplessness anymore.

I take OTC Unisom and it does almost nothing. I was taking every night in hopes that it would magically help me. Then my LLMD gave me rocerem, a new sleep aid. It knocked me out for two days.

I can't be knocked out. I have to work to pay my stupid medical (and other) bills. I still have one kid in in private school (single mom) so I work every day thats offered. I have to be brigh-eyed and bushdy-tailed in the mornings.

So I asked my pharmacist for a recommendation of something half-way between Unisom & Rocerem. She recommended Benadryl of all things.

I need sleep so badly that I took 2 regular strength Benadryl last night. Its not extended relief or anything.

It was heaven - I got so drowsy - it felt so good to be sleepy!! I fell asleep around 9:15pm and slept all the way till 7:45am - right before my alarm.

I do feel groggy today so I am wondering - is this Lyme or the after affects of the Benadryl?

I hope its not the Benadryl. It shouldn't be in my system anymore. Drats - I was so happy to think that I found something to work for me.

Does the improvement with Jernigan keep going steady or is it up and down like with antbiotics?

Any Jernigan comments/experience is welcome!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
(female)

dianneom HB User

Hi 6 Blues, I take 1 Benadryl pill to wake without the groggy feeling. Still helps me sleep.

Last edited by dianneom; 09-27-2006 at 02:43 PM.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Dianneom.

I took one tonight - I hope it does the trick.

My pain is worse tonight. I wonder if this is a Herx? I keep fearing that the Jernigan stuff won't work.

My own worst enemy. blah.

Last edited by 6Blues; 09-27-2006 at 05:31 PM.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Blues....say have you read the back of the bottles...the bottles I have say to take 3 times a day....I didn't have any reactions...and from reading like Denise's ..or Jeanne's old post don't think they did either....maybe it is from the other med you are taking...hang in there sweetie...cut back a little on the other med...and see if it helps you...or if like me...just ride through it....Remember you had a good couple of days....THEY WILL COME BACK...and you WILL HAVE MORE OF THEM!!! Keep fighting it and try not to let these bad days get you down....

Trust me don't think you are the only one that fears it will come back....

BIG HUGS TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Mickie
Hope you are asleep and read this in the morning. And hope benadryl works great, let us know. I have tried it and it didn't work for me.

Just wanted to let all of you know that I just ordered Jernigans Book and the detox meds. I will give that a try. I hope it works and gets some of these toxins out. It is a starting place and at this point I think I'm ready to try it. So, will let you know when I receive my order.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 09-28-2006, 05:25 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi 6blues:

I am glad to hear that Dr J's products seem to be working for you. I hope you continue to feel better.

I think the grogginess is the effects of the benadryl. I hope you get some good rest.

Frango

Old 09-28-2006, 06:24 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks guys!

I tried just one Benadryl last night and it didn't work. I did feel tired (ha - when aren't I tired??) but I didn't get that drowsy, sleepy feeling. darn.

I fell asleep after midnight and I was about 30 min's late for work this morning. I don't feel groggy though. Hmm - which is worse: not getting a full nights rest, or spending a day feeling groggy?

On one hand, I think that a full nights deep sleep is good for my body, on the other hand, being groggy doesn't help because my attitude stinks and I'm cranky all the next day.

Maybe I will try to cut 'em in half and take one and a half Benadryl tonight, a little science experiment!

I think I was overzealous in taking in the Borrelogen & Pale Spike. I thought - oh boy - if this is working then I'll take more and it will work more. My crazy thinking combined with human nature.

I'll go back to the recommended dose of Borrelogen. I will keep up the Pale Spike as that is the one that is removing the ammonia.

The Wobenzyme arrived yesterday, so I added that. (Still waiting on Neuro-Antitox)

I will keep folks posted. Hang in there everybody!

Last edited by 6Blues; 09-28-2006 at 06:25 AM.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Mickie et al,

I read this thread when you first posted it but haven't been on the computer since. I was thrilled to hear of your progress. I had a bottle of the pale spike and silphitrin (liquid) and a bottle of the muskulo-skeletal neuro anti-tox (capsules) here when Dr. C started me on the flagyl. I never got to take them because you can't mix flagyl with anything that has alcohol in it.

Denise convinced me to start the two of them when I came home from the hospital so I did. She recommended the CNS/PNS and Borrelogen though. I started out with what I had and after a few e-mails back and forth with Angela at Jernigan Nutraceuticals I ordered what Denise recommended. I was feeling slightly better while waiting for these to come. I think because I had been taking what I already had here for a few weeks. It's funny that at the time it didn't seem like any big improvement but because it takes about 2 weeks to get your order (I mailed a check and maybe that made it take longer) I had to go for about a week with nothing because I ran out of what I had. That's when I realized it had helped some. I guess I still haven't figured out how to differentiate between feeling crappy, crappier, and crappiest.

I unfortunately fell and ended up with a baseball size bruise on my shoulder and my ribs are sore but it is clearing up. The walker I have has brakes but it kind of got away from me in the kitchen and the brace they gave me for my foot to keep it from dropping doesn't allow me to flex it at all so I couldn't help myself. I didn't really fall just kind of slid down the back of the walker and "clipped" my shoulder and ribs on the handlebars and seat. It kind of freaked me out and set Ronnie off. He tends to overreact when stuff like this happens and then I get more stressed out from him than the actual fall.

Anyway my Borrelogen and CNS/PNS came that afternoon and I started taking it right away. It has been about a week now and I am just taking the recomended dose although after your good reports Ronnie would like me to drink a bottle a day. So far I haven't seen much yet but I honestly chalk that up to the fact that it usually takes me a week or two to calm down after something stressful, like the fall. My own fault but I can't help it.

One thing I noticed is that you now have to order Molybdenum with the Borrelogen because it can't be included in the new liquid form I guess. It had been in the capsules I had. I didn't do this because I didn't know it and will write to Angela after I finish this thread to ask her if this is what is holding me back. This probably helps eliminate toxins. I do know when I had a hair test years ago when this started I had virtually no molybdenum or selennium in me at all. Now I know these are great for the immune system. At the time I had never even heard of the words. In fact a lot of stuff was high on the chart (the bad stuff) and a lot was practically non-existent (the good stuff) in my system. Most likely lyme related.

I do need to ask Angela if I should be taking the CNS/PNS formula or go back to the muskulo-skeletal neuro-tox. I'm not sure but maybe all of the anti-tox formulas remove the ammonia. I do have some equlibrium problems but most of my problems are mobility and arthrtic type symptoms. I don't know, maybe you have to correct one and then correct another later.

Sorry to ramble but wanted to say I am so glad you are feeling better and I hope it continues. I know Ronnie saw the Jernigan paperwork that a lot of people feel better in 2 days and got over-excited. I think I am just a tough case to crack after all the steroids they gave me. If I can see some improvement in a month or two I'll be thrilled. I just feel in my gut this is what is best for me and is the most apt to work.

Kim. Have you received your products yet and are they helping?

Sleeper, I am so glad you are of antibiotics and holding your own.

Marsha, I hope you enjoy your mini-vacation. It's been a long time coming.

Mickie, Hopefully your bosses see what an asset you are or at least realize they are your lifeline.

I may not get on for another 2 weeks since I have to climb the stairs but I think of you all often. Please let me know how the Jerniganers are doing.

Love,
Maureen

PS Can you believe Ava will be 1 year old on Sunday? Wow! Four teeth and all but walking but not much hair yet. Believe it or not after going to mediation a few weeks ago her father now visits her at Rhonda's 3 days a week. As Rhonda said it sucks for her but in the end will be the best thing for Ava. He hadn't seen her but once when she was 2 months old. There will be a birthday part but thankfully (I guess) Ronnie has to work because I'm not sure how he would act around Garrett.

Last edited by Betterdaysforme; 10-12-2006 at 09:44 AM.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Hi Everyone

I am encouraged by your progress Mickie. I think you have turned the corner finally. You are on your way girl.

Maureen it is good to hear from you. Sorry you had a fall. I fall frequently too and sometimes it is difficult to get up, like the legs will just not work. Very wierd feeling.

I have been taking the CNS neuro antitox for a week, and I notice a difference. Not a huge change but small ones. I know what Maureen means about not knowing if your better until you stop whatever it is and then are worse, then realize I was better. I feel like an idiot, why can't I tell when I'm better or as Maureen said less crappy as opposed to totally crappy. I stopped the bicillin shots cause I thought after 2 months I was no better and I had very dark circles under my eyes and my skin looked funny. Within a week after I stopped I felt way worse. I'm back on the shots again and herxing for the past week and today very dark circles under my eyes again. I mean I always have some circles and look tired but I look worse than usual.

I am convinced that the toxins are at a high level and not being eliminated properly. I finally get this after a year of treatment. I'll be in the sauna tonight.

When I finish the months supply of the CNS I am going to order the muscoskelotol (sp?) too. I think I read you can take both at the same time. Does anyone know?

Mickie has the CNS neuro antitox helped with your dizziness/balance? I hope so.

Have a god night everyone.
Kim

Closed Thread