It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #1

LMHART HB User
broken ribs

Hi,
I am still "herxing" from starting Doxy 300mg last week. I have been losing my balance and have knee instability. I fell 2 X this week and again this morning. My husband and I called off work yesterday because I keep falling. I slept all night on the couch. He was helping me up when my knee gave out, I fell flat on my back landing on a plastic glass (tupperware). I had to go get an XR and I have broken 2-3 ribs. Thank goodness that it wasn't glass or I could have done worse damage. I want this herxing to stop!!! I am not only off balance, but my knees actually just give out. Anyone have that?
Leslie

Old 10-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: broken ribs

YIKES LESLIE....oh if it isn't one thing it's another uh? So sorry to hear about your fall....that has really got to hurt....

Yes I went through a falling stage ...maybe a year into my antibiotics...my sweetie had to wind up carrying me at times....he also fixed me up with a walking stick with a bell on it...so If I feel and no one was around I could ring for help....helps real well with the balance thing...

crawl if you have to ...try and be careful since you know this does happen at times....

hope you get better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Oh my goodness - that's terrible! I feel so bad for you. You're sick, you have no balance or stability and now you have 2 broken ribs?

Poor Leslie.

I am so sorry this happened to you. It happened to me twice since I've been sick.

Once I was leaning over a sink, washing my face and when I stood up to scrub, I just kept leaning backwards (could not stop myself from falling backwards - weird feeling) and plumb fell over. I hit the back of my arm bad, but it didn't break. The hardest part was the soap in my eyes and the bruises I got.

The second time I was standing on my front porch and I just plumb fell off. i hurt my leg badly but it didn't break.

It was scary to have this happen.

Hang in there and I hope this passes soon.

Peace and health to you.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 AM   #4

LMHART HB User

Thanks so much for the info. All these things are new to me and I feel so guarded. It helps to know that others have gone through them. I am better now. May have stopped the herxing, I can't tell. I am just so tired and hav one more day to work and then 1 week off.
Thanks so much again,
Leslie

Old 10-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi Leslie,

So sorry to hear about the broken ribs! Hope you are feeling better, I know broken ribs can be painful, just what you don't need.

Herxing can be unpredictable, although it seems to be the worst (not always, however) in the fourth week of treatment and in four-week cycles. Drink as much water as humanly possible to help flush the toxins out of your body, that's what my LLMD said.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Leslie
I am praying for quick healing for your ribs and for knee stability. Hang in there. I know this has to be painful.

Prayers...Marsha

Old 10-12-2006, 04:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Yow! Sorry to hear this. I had two broken ribs the year after I started treatment and the pain was terrible, I know how you feel. It is so hard to breathe or move or anything. This is insult to injury or maybe injury to insult, I don't know but either way it is more trouble than any lyme sufferer needs!

Feel better soon, and take good care of yourself.

Closed Thread