It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

suezy HB User
connection between Lyme and DVT (blood clot)?

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease about two weeks ago-among other symptoms I've posted here about-I had joint pain in my right knee. Three days ago-I woke up with swelling in my right leg-went to the doc-and an ultrasound revealed a large blood clot--I just spent the past three days in the hospital-and am back home to a time of rest, home health, etc. while we get the blood thinners worked out.

All the docs said they knew of no documented connection between Lyme disease and blood clots--but all said that it seemed too strange that these would be unrelated-the clot was in the right leg--anyone know of this kind of a symptom-or connection between the two? Suezy

Old 10-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
(female)

suezy HB User
Re: connection between Lyme and DVT (blood clot)?

Thanks-I'm going to pass this on to my doc--hypercoagulation is what causes clots-so it sounds like there is a connection!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

hi suezy...welcome to the board.

i am really sorry to hear about the blood clot. that must have very scary. i think marsha (pearlscale) also had some blot clots happen last spring. hopefully she will come along and give you some more info about the clots.

i can tell you though that i have ben on treatemtn for hypercoagulation for the past 8 months due to the lyme. i take heparin 2 times a day to control it. i have noticed it has helped with many of my symptoms especailly the pain in my heels and feet, not to mention the tingly/buzzying feeling i have allover my body. hopefuly your doc can run the tests to see if you also have this and my be helped by heparin treatment. good luck.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 10-29-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi-

I know that Dr. Burrascano, the top lyme expert says that hyper-coagulation is a sign of Babesia, one of the co-infections of lyme. Have you been tested for the co-infections? They are Babesai, Bartonella, and Erlichiosis (there are 2 types granulocytic and monocytic )

Frango

Old 10-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
(female)

kayda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by frango
Hi-

I know that Dr. Burrascano, the top lyme expert says that hyper-coagulation is a sign of Babesia, one of the co-infections of lyme. Have you been tested for the co-infections? They are Babesai, Bartonella, and Erlichiosis (there are 2 types granulocytic and monocytic )

Frango

Frango,
I was tested for Babesia and it came back neg. for granulocytic and Indeterminate for monocytic. Do you know what monocytic is? My blood hypercoagulates and I have abnormally high levels of Vitamin K. I was told to take a baby aspirin each day (by conventional medical drs.) I have a friend with horrible Babesia levels who also has this disorder.

Kayda

Old 10-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I had sticky blood. I don't know if what I had is official "hypercoagulation" or not.

For about a year, my platelets could not be counted on a typical blood test. They were "clumped". My LLMD said this was sticky blood and that it is a symptom of Lyme.

I took an herbal supplement called Bromelain, for over a year, and it cleared up. My platelets are fine now.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Kayda:

HGE and HME are the tests for Erlichiosis. Human granulocytic erlichiosis is the one that we have in the upper midwest, but people travel and I'm sure ticks do too since they can attach to people, animlas, etc and then drop off...

Babesia is a different test it is a parasite. Have you been tested for both Erlichiosis and Babesia?

Closed Thread