It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User
does anyone know why ginger??

hi gang...got a question for ya. i've been trying to do more detox baths lately. dr m says they are very important for me, annd they have been helping hte herxes be less severe since tyring to trat my infections in my gi/stomach. ad eh especailly said to do the one with ginger in it....does anyone know what the ginger dose specificaly for us in the bath? and if it's better to try using essential oil of ginger or just the grated ginger in a coffee filter?

i'm clueslless about it. just curious...thanks guys.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 11-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: does anyone know why ginger??

Hi Shanna.

I am glad the baths are helping you. You need all the comfort you can get. If I was going through what you're going through - I'd take baths all day long!

I know a lot of people here swear by the ginger tea. I have to confess I've never tried the tea. But if ginger tea works - it makes sense that ginger baths would work also.

Wish I had answers for you kiddo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Shanna
The only thing I have found about ginger is to use 2 Tab of fresh grated preferably wrapped in thin piece of cloth or in a tea ball. Used in combination with 4 c epsom salts and 32 to 64 oz hydrogen peroxide as a pain reliever bath. This is from Dr Jernigans Book. I think the ginger should be organic. just a thought.......

Hope this helps...are you getting any relief yet, is anything helping???
Prayers....Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 11-03-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

The dried rhizome of ginger contains approximately 1–4% volatile oils. These are the medically active constituents of ginger and are also responsible for ginger’s characteristic odor and taste. The "aromatic constituents" include zingiberene and bisabolene, while the "pungent constituents" are known as gingerols and shogaols. The pungent constituents are credited with the anti-nausea and anti-vomiting effects of ginger. These oils are known to decrease joint pain and inflammation.

A Danish study of 56 people who had either arthritis or muscular discomfort reported that three - fourths of the arthritis sufferers experienced relief from their symptoms , while 100% of the people who had muscular achiness experienced relief from their painful symptoms. This is going to be true whether you drink the oils or apply them to your body through bathing. Essential oils are very powerful and can transport through the skin pretty rapidly. If you put an oil an the bottoms of your feet, you can usually taste it in your mouth within a few minutes.

Ginger is one of my favorites because it helps me feel good and I think it smells good too. Bonus!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

hi all thanks for the posts. and sleeper thanks for all the info, it's nice to know the "why" behind what we're doing. and i'm glad to find out that ginger does help with inflammation and pain...i still wonder if it's better to get oils or use the raw stuff in the bath? i bet theyre both just as effective and probably even more so with both being used seperately. i wonder though do you think you can overload on ginger? just a thought.

anwya thanks for asking about how i'm doing marssha....the last 2 weeks have been hard. dr m is treating my 2 gi infections with heavy doses of antis so my body's been hit hard. i was supposed to be taking 875 mg 2 x day, but ater 1 day of that i had herxed terribly, so for the next 5 i was on 1 x day. then the doc moved me back to 2, and 2 days later my knuckles, wrists and hands in general were soo puffy and swollen red that i was in a ton of pain. plus all my other symptoms went through the roof as usual. so needless to say i went back down to 1 a day. even now 5 days later, my hands are covered in bruisses and still swollen, making it really hard to make a fist or grab things.. the 1 a day is hard for me to tolerate but i have to get rid of these infections...it's a tough road to haul. i know we all know about those days. i have 6 more days of treatmtne to make it trhough and then we begin rebuilding my liver. so i'm hoping i can just hang on and tough it out...the baths are really heklping....and hen i can recover and rest better for a bit. i don't think the liver stuff is going to require antis at all, at least it better not. otherwise i don't know what i'm gonna do. my body needs a break for suer no matter what.

anyway enough typing for now...thanks again for all the info and thoughts. much appreciated. hope you all have a great weekend.

prayers..
shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 11-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

Slightly off-topic, but while we're on the subject of ginger I thought I'd mention something that ncgirl had suggested a while back. When I was feeling nauseated I used to take about a teaspoon or two of the New Chapter's Ginger Wonder syrup in selzer water. I was very skeptical, I really didn't think anything was going to touch that kind of nausea, but it really did help and it's also just soothing overall for some reason. Ginger is great for alot of things, I know they use it a lot in Asia for medicinal purposes as well as cooking. Do use caution putting essential oil of ginger in the bath because if you overdo it (like I did!) it can sting.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi Romans
i put ginger in my baths when i can the problem is i have to drive around to find it.

i put the grated ginger straight in the bath, but unless you plan in rinsing your hair this can be yuk if you are head dunking.

Im not sure of why but alos teh 5 squeezed lemons are good, they all go through your pores and kill lyme.

GArlic does teh same ive considered sitting with a garlig clove between my toes, you can taste it with in a few minutes but it must help if it enters up through the body.

Its strange alos as i have always craved Ginger and garlic, makes you wonder how long the body has been asking for its natural medicine.
Jules x

Old 11-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
(female)

kayda HB User

Shanna,

I overdid it with the ginger and now I cannot tolerate it anymore. Perhaps if you rotate it you won't lose your tolerance for it like I did.

Blessings,
Kayda

Old 11-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

wow oyu guys what a ton of info. thanks for the plethoa!! that's my big word for the day. i will definitely be careful with the ginger....didn't know it oculd sting and didnt' know won could over do it....all good things to know.

thanks again.

shanna

Closed Thread