It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
Not being able to walk

I'd like to have a better understanding of why some people with chronic Lymes can't walk. Is it that their legs hurt terribly, or are the weak or is it something totally different?

Old 11-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
(female)

kayda HB User
Re: Not being able to walk

I believe in some cases it is due to muscle spasms. Sometimes I think it is weakness or nerve damage. I've had in the past where sometimes my limbs one side just don't work and I have extreme pain. Scans don't show any slipped discs or other physical problems like that.

Maybe someone else who has more info will answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

hi aquatic....for me it's hard to walk most days for a lot of reasons. the severe fatigue, general muscle pain, severe pain in my feet/heels, swollen joints in my ankles/knees/toes, plus the action of walking is hard for me beauces my muscles don't cooridnate well. i get off balance really easily too, so i'm prone to fall sometimes. plus i am very deconditioned from being so sick so long, but my phyicals therapy is trying to address this with building up time of slow walking everyday. it's taking forever but it's an improvement, though it's pain staking to but i's key to me getting better, so i keep plugging away at it.

i think this is true overall for a lot of lymies, but as always with lyme it varies from person to person...anyway hope this helps.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 11-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Thanks, you guys!

That sounds awful. It's so unfair. I mean, Lymies have a million symoptoms already, why do some not even get to have the ability to walk?

Shanna, I hope that you get better soon. I can tell you've been through a lot.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

That is a good question Aquatic Chic, and one I ask myself all the time, "Why can't I walk" it looks so easy when other people are doing it. I am seeing a new neuro this week and maybe he can make some sense of this.

I have difficulty walking even with a cane and I think it is a combination of terrible balance, fatigue, and the nerves misfiring and signals not getting where they should go. My foot drags and sometimes I trip over it. I take quite afew falls. Last year I fell and broke my wrist.

Thanks for asking. I have lots of symptoms but this one is the most debilitating and life altering.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Oh, gotcha.

Before I had my symptoms I was really young and I thought that Lyme disease wasn't as bad as it sounds. I mean... one bug bite can't possibly do that much to you...right? WRONG. *looks down and shakes head*

Last edited by Aquaticgirl; 11-05-2006 at 01:52 PM.

Closed Thread