It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Heres the deal

Well i went up to vandi today. Went alot better then expected! The dr. sat down and actually listened to me. He told me alot about lyme...some true some not *according to you all*. However he was honest with me. He goes. Well i honestly can't tell you you dont have lyme. Its to big a cowincidince that all this happend after you got bit by a tick. And you had a rash. And your telling me the doxy helps so you know what heres 5 months worth of doxy. Lets see if this helps you. So now i have 5 months worth of doxy. Moms still going to take me to mobile for the llmd. So my question is. Is it better to take "300mg" or more. Or should i just take the 200mg a day. He also informed me theres another type of tick borne illness just in the south. Causes sore throats and other problems, and it usually can be fought off quickly by your immune system. However i forget the name of it. It was a fairly long thing like "southern blah blah blah blah"..... but i dont know. ANyways all in all it was a good visit.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User
Re: Heres the deal

i also meant to ask. The dr. said that lyme or tick illness's don't cause sore throats??? Is that true? mines always sore..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi eclipse27. The doctor was probably taking about STARI which stands for Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness.

I am glad he extended the Doxy, but you do need to see the Lyme doctor. I suggest asking the Lyme doctor's office if you should increase the dose before your appointment.

Lyme disease can cause a sore throat. It is listed as one of the symptoms on Dr. Burrascano's symptom list.

Last edited by ticker; 11-30-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Well . We finally called the llmd. And its gonna be 350 bucks just to see him and he doesnt take insurance. Also him and his asstaint said i should try and get a dr. here to prescribe zithromax? or soemthing liek that. Were going down there in a few weeks. And thats what hes gonna presribe. He says lymes way more common then people think.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

OH MICHAEL>>>HAPPY HAPPY DAYYYYYYYY!!!!! I am soooo excited and have happy tears for you!!! It has been a tough time for you but you stuck to it!!! Things are going to get better for you soon! Did Mom talk to him about raising your doxy? And I hope you get a doctor to give you zith also.....

I hope Dad understands now and sees that you were trying so hard to find the right help....

SENDING YOU A VERY VERY BIG HUG!!!! YIPPPPPIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!

I know it seems expensive but so is going form doctor to doctor...now you will get the right treatment!!!

Old 11-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Actually i didn't ask him about the doxy. But yea were saving up the money and were heading down there. Prolly around jan. 5th. Anyone familar with that medicine? Does it work well???

Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

Yea theres alot concering ticks inwhich dr.s dont know alot about. Or people in general.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi eclipse. I am glad you have an appointment with the Lyme doctor! Be sure to ask about getting tested for the co-infections. Zithromax is one of many antibiotics that can be prescribed for tick-borne illnesses.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi standishtrio. I am not a medical professional, but in my opinion STARI is Lyme disease.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

That is wonderful, wonderful news about going to see the LLMD! That could turn your whole life around, seriously.

Lyme can cause a sore throat, so can Bartonella which can also be tick-borne. I am not sure about Erlichiosis.

STARI, or Master's disease, like Lyme disease (many believe that STARI is in fact actually Lyme disease), is serious and is not "easily and quickly fought off by the immune system".

Old 12-01-2006, 05:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Morning Michael...I was thinking couldn't you call the doctor back in Mobile and ask THEM to call you in a prescription of zithromax to your pharmacy? If they don't want to do that...maybe ask them to call your doctor that gave you the doxy and consult with him...and then have him call you in some zithromax...

Did you happen to mention to the Lyme doc that you have had this huge rash since you got bit?

You must be feeling some relief knowing you pretty much have a doctor listening to you...

Hope you have a good day!

Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

eclipse27 HB User

The rash actually has gone away alooooot. Its still there alil but i mean it just looks like a small burn or something. But i guess i could call them and ask them to call it in. However i mean i think he'd want to c me b4 he prescribes anything.

Closed Thread