It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

lymiesarah HB User
Question Phenazopyridine (azo) long term use

Hi there. One of the problems I have a lot is painful urination due to the Lyme being killed off and of course, peeing it out.... it is a classic herx symptom.. but for me it can last weeks .. depending on how strong my antibiotics are ... anywa, the doc told me to take azo because it would help. and it is GREAT!!!! got rid of all the pain. i was wondering if anyone knows anything about long term use of this drug since it says not to use it for more than two days and i have bene using it for about three weeks now ... if i stop for a couple days the symptoms return and i am in so much pain and discomfort that i just cant take it .. especially when i know there are some pills in my drawer that will make it go away .. any one know if its ok for long term use and what side effects might come with that. cant find too much info on it online. thanks

sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2006, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Phenazopyridine (azo) long term use

Hi Sarah. I think this is a valid concern.

I suggest you tell your dotor all of this and be tested for a possible urinary tract infection. If you do not have an infection, ask your doctor how long it is safe to take it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread