It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

alwayshotroddin HB User
Lyme doctor in Fort Wayne, Indiana area?

I'm looking for a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD) in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area. I would greatly appreciate any help if you know of one or know how to find one! Thanks!

Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User
Re: Lyme doctor in Fort Wayne, Indiana area?

I think the closest one you will find is in Missouri. His name starts with a 'C'.

If you can look up a Lyme Support Group in Missouri and contact them as them for this doctor's name.

As well, while it is expensive and time consuming many people are forced to travel far distances to get proper treatment. Many find to get the aggressive treatment they need they have to travel.

I am sorry but with the politics the way they are with LLMDs being investigated by medical boards I prefer not listing his name in full.

Keep us posted on your progress. I hope you find a doctor soon. I am sorry I am so cryptic but my LLMD has been persecuted by our medical board and it has really colored how much info. I post these days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hi there alwayshotroddin! I just wanted to say hi and good luck with finding an LLMD near you. Do you suspect that you have lyme? Are you sick or do you know of someone who may have it? I am from Indiana but have lived in Massachusetts for about 5 yrs. now. I have chronic lyme disease, diagnosed about a year or so ago but I honestly think I got it when I lived in Indiana. I am from southern Indiana but lived in Indy for the last 2 yrs. before moving here. My problems started about a year or so before I moved here, had no idea what was wrong, and went to dr. after dr. after dr. to no avail. Finally, as I got sicker and sicker, I found an LLMD that finally confirmed that I had lyme disease and at this point I am late stage. At first I thought for sure I got lyme living here in MA, where lyme dis. is so prevalant, but as I went back over my history with my dr., I realized I 'think' I got it while living in IN. I was always in the woods, lived in the country, etc. I know of so many people in IN diagnosed with MS or lupis and I really think they have no idea of how much lyme dis. there really is in IN--I just wonder how many people actually have lyme instead? I really hope that you find a true LLMD cause that is the one and only way you will probably get the help you need. It is so important to find that doctor near you, wherever he may be. Do some research because you will find one! Wishing you well!
Lymesgal

p.s. I just found your history, so I kind of know now what is going on with you...sorry, I hadn't found that thread before I read this one--I saw IN and clicked on it because it said Indiana! anyways, I have the opposite problem of you, I have really high blood pressure, didn't have it before the lyme so I don't know if it is related....but your symptoms sound so much like mine, the acid reflux is horrible! My doc says that that happens usually in late stage lyme. I take prilosec or Nexium, nothing else will work for me, so if you don't have good luck with the prevacid, or whatever you are taking, try the prilosec, you'll be amazed at how well it works! good luck to you!

Last edited by lymesgal; 01-05-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
(female)

alwayshotroddin HB User

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the encouragement!! I actually found a couple of LLMDs in central Michigan (Grand Rapids and Saginaw) by going to lymedisease.org. I'm not sure how accurate it is but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to call them. I won't know anything for several weeks because my doctor is going to draw blood and send it out (to the lab in California I think) and it takes awhile to come back.

Lymesgal if I do in fact have Lyme disease I actually do not know if I would have contracted it from Indiana, Michigan, or even possibly South Carolina? I spent most of my summer up in Central Michigan (Grayling) and lived in a cabin along the river in the woods. My boyfriend swears there are no deer ticks in that area but my best friend has Lymes and said you can contract the disease from other vectors, such as mosquitos.

The only thing holding me back from thinking I don't have Lymes is that I do not have achy joints. My back and neck get stiff from time to time but I lift weights and run and have a bad habit of not stretching properly and working out too hard (I hope no fitness trainers read this lol). My symptoms could be from sooo many things that it is going to probably take a long time to rule out what is wrong with me. Not only that but they come and go. Today was actually a better day for me. My anxiety and acid reflux were much better. I still feel real fatigued, have a headache, and feel dizzy all the time but it's nice to have some relief from other symptoms for once! I also get these weird muscle twitches in random parts of my body... yesterday it was in my right arm, today in my neck! I wonder if that is a symptom of Lymes?

Well, I will keep you all posted as I keep trying to find out what is wrong with me. It will take awhile to get the Lyme test back but if it's positive I will definetely be posting tons on here to get all the support I can get!

Old 01-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #5
(female)

lymesgal HB User

hi alwayshotroddin!
Sometimes people don't have achey joints when they have lyme disease and it would depend on, too, how long you've actually had it. My doctor says it can lie dormant and then come out of nowhere and wreak havoc, it can take years before you feel it in your joints and some never show that symptom. Mine was very slow and gradual. The anxiety is terrible! That is definately one of the signs. I'm on medication but I still have major anxiety attacks and palpitations. And I totally know what you mean about the anxiety you get when you go to the mall--I do too! I understand exactly how you feel! When I read what you said about the mall I thought oh my goodness, that is ME! My husband doesn't like to go to the mall with me anymore cause he knows there is a good chance I'll have the anxiety issue and he doesn't like to deal with it. lol Oh well, I'll shop by myself!

I really hope you find help, I feel for you and what you are going thru. I hope you have people that support you and don't just think you're crazy or a hypochondriac. Its so important to have the support from your family and friends. Keep searching for that answer--have you actually have a lyme test yet? You definately need to get one. If it shows up negative, send it off to the lab for further testing. It can show up negative when you actually have it cause the little spirochetes can hide!

hope you're having a good day today!

Last edited by lymesgal; 01-05-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:11 AM   #6
(female)

alwayshotroddin HB User

Lymesgal,

Hi! Thanks for listening! You know, if I do in fact have Lymes I could have gotten it about two years ago also. I keep forgetting 2 summers ago I took my puppy up to my grandparents house who live out in the country and he got lost in the woods. We had a whole team of 20 people looking for him for the rest of day and we did find him the next morning (right by my Grandparents house, the little rascal!) but he had about 30 something ticks that I pulled out of him, not to mention all the ones I found on my clothes and in my hamper, on my walls after bringing him home, in my car, it was gross! I never pulled on out of me but who knows if I got bitten, there were so many! And I know that deer ticks are found in this area so I suppose that I could have gotten a tick bite back then if the bacteria stays dormant for so long.

I am going to have a Lymes test completed next week but my PCP said it takes a couple of weeks to get the results back.

And oh my gosh - the anxiety!! I have no idea where it came from?! I LOVE to shop, it's my second heaven, and now I have to take deep breaths and tell myself everything is going to be okay everytime I get in a shopping area. As long as I'm moving around I'm usually okay but if I have to stand in line for any period of time and wait on a register I have to start convincing myself that I'm tired and close my eyes and take deep breaths lol.

I do have a lot of support also. The only problem is that I've been feeling these symptoms for so long now (over 2 months) and since my doctors are not finding anything wrong my parents are starting to think I'm causing the problems and that I truely just have bad anxiety. My boyfriend is even starting to think I'm a little loopy! It's very frusterating, but I do have my best friend - she was diagnosed with Lymes several years ago and is very very supportive. It took her 3 years to get diagnosed (finally by a homeopathic doctor) so she knows exactly how I feel.

Good luck to you and I'll keep you all posted!! Thanks for all the support, it makes me feel better even though I don't know what is wrong yet.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
(female)

Ms.ME HB User

Hello!
I was excited to see your post because I'm from Indianapolis, IN and also suspect I have Lyme Disease. My doctor gave me the blood test, which he said was negative for Lyme, but indicated I might have "something like it". Not being medically savvy, I am not sure what that means and I actually don't think he does either. Anyway...
I am always interested in learning more about other people with Lyme. For two years I felt so alone because no doctor could find what was wrong with me, so it is wonderful to find a place where people are going through the same thing.
Ms. ME

Old 01-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hey there Ms. ME!

Don't give up, keep searching for an answer! Maybe you have one of the coinfections and it isn't showing up on a reg. lyme test? And you DO know that alot of times the test will show negative when you actually are positive. I really think I got it while living in Indiana. So don't give up, keep persuing it, ask your doctor about sending it off to the Igenex (sp?) lab. I've heard so many people have great success with them. I wish you lots of luck!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!
Although I am a big Patriot fan now, since I live here, I have to root for the COLTS!!!!

Lymesgal

Old 02-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #9
(female)

Ms.ME HB User

Hello!
I am also from Indiana and am in the process of being "officially" diagnosed with Lyme Disease. I have had symptoms for two years and have gone from one doctor to another and no on can find what is wrong with me!! I was wondering if you found a LLMD in Michigan and how that went for you? I definitely need to get connected with a LLMD soon.
Ms. ME

Closed Thread