It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
(male)

yort HB User
Smile Chronic low body temperature

Hello everyone. I've had lyme (tests negative) for about 7 months now, along with suspected Babesios (had most symptoms). I was treated with doxy for 3 months and now most of my symptoms have dissapeared. I still have occasional night sweats and muscle twitching. Another symptom that I still have and have become concerned about is low body temperature. I never really thought about it until recently - but my temperature is always 96.9 - 97.8. It never gets to 98.6.
Should I be concerned about this? I've read that low body temerature can cause brain fog and lethargy which I have. I'm never really cold, but I constantly suffer with chronic fatigue. Is it the lyme or babesia?

Old 01-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Chronic low body temperature

Hi yort.

Sorry to hear you're sick with Lyme & Babesia, but glad you found this site.

When I first became ill with Lyme I had low body temperature. I would feel like I was burning up, but the thermometer only read 96 point something or 97 point something.

I also did not get to 98.6.

As I went through treatment, my body temp has risen. Now it's almost normal.

Are you still being treated for Lyme and Babesia?

Peace and health to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
(male)

yort HB User

No. My doxy treatment ended about a month ago. I just started taking Artemisinin for my smoldering babesiosis, I hope it helps. I'm really at a crossroads right now. I am feeling almost normal again but I'm still having a few symptoms that indicate to me that the infection is still lurking inside me. I'm thinking that my immune system has got a hold of this thing now, but I'm still worried that it could come back and I am thinking about getting more treatment.
I have a cold right now which prompted me to take my temperature the other day and I was alarmed to see that it was still low-97.0. Now I am reading that this is not good and I am a little worried.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hmm, I wonder if you were treated long enough?

Were you seeing a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD)?

They can be life savers!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I have chronically low body temp as well. It's runs about the same as yours. I tell me dr that 96 is "normal" for me. One time I did get up to 99 degrees but I was HORRIBLY ill. That was at the time my mono reactivated...fun.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Don't take it for grantid though...I had a period of total remission after taking antibiotics but all my symptoms came raging back after a month or so.

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Yort
Welcome to the boards.

I have both lyme and babesia. I still have the low body temp. But it has risen some. Now my normal is around 97.6. I did 2 rounds of mepron for the babesia and I hope I have beat that. I was having temps at night that would go up to 99 and am temps that were 96.6. The evening temps of 99 have stopped since the mepron but the low body temp continues. Night sweats are a symptom of babesia. Most LLMD's feel you have to get the babesia before you can tackle the lyme.

Like Mickie said, you may have not been treated long enough. This is a very hard bacteria ('s) to kill.

My LLMD wants you to be symptom free for 2 months before you can "think" you are cured. I pray you are free of lyme, but please be watchful and see a LLMD is you think you still may have it. They are the best one to help you decide.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Low body temp. is also associated with hypothyroidism. Have you had your thyroid checked as well?

Ballady

Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

KeyLyme HB User

I'm hypothyroid...I'm on meds for it. Anyone else have thyroid issues?

Closed Thread