It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
what are the symptoms of the secondary infections

Lyme disease was iffy as my diagnosis by Jemsek clinic. I did not have any of the secondary infections checked though. What are the symptoms of the secondary infections? I'm having a terrible time with squeezing headaches, head pressure, floaters, lightheadedness/dizziness(not Vertigo) and my eyes sometimes are blurry. Went to the eye doc and my eyes are healthy. This is ruining me. help.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: what are the symptoms of the secondary infections

Hi wmjsease. Many symptoms of Lyme disease and the co-infections can overlap. The ones you describe could be from Lyme and/or Babesiosis. I had dizziness and horrible headaches from Babesiosis. Do you ever have shortness of breath, heart palpitations, and/or night sweats?

Are you currently being treated? If so, for how long and what meds are you taking?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
(female)

wmjsease HB User

I have shortness of breath , unbelievable chest pain, and palpitations. These headaches are worse than any migraine that I have ever had. I can't explain to people how bad they are. All of my people around here just think I have headaches, and don't understand the severity of them. I stay in the bed a lot. With three kids, it's really hard. I can't drive anymore, or go anywhere. I was treated for two months of pulse therapy at Jemsek. But I didn't have any of the tests for secondary infections. My western blot came back questionable on some bands, but negative. My llmd at the clinic said it's doubtful it's lyme. I couldn't afford the secondary tests then. I've had every other test known. Mris, ct scans, angiograpy, mra. blood tests, you name it. I am going to call Jemsek and see how much it will cost to come back, and be tested for the secondary ones. I think I need IV therapy. This has been really bad for over a year now. My kids need their mom back.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi wmjsease. I am sorry you are feeling so bad. You really do need to be tested for all the co-infections. It sounds like you could have Babesiosis also. I had horrific headaches from it, and nothing helped them until I got treated for it.

I think Dr. J. may be limited on how long he can treat now. If so, you may want to get another opinion so you can get further treatment.

Hang in there okay? You can get better with proper treatment.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi Wm
click on the 3rd sticky thread above ive posted a good indepth symptom to infection list.

Closed Thread